Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

AY2021-22 MBB Recruiting @2022-06-01

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 11 months ago #29131 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 11 months ago #29159 by HawkErrant
KUSports.com - Tait:Future KU walk-on announces commitment on social media

Wilder Evers (EE-vers) is a Jayhawk legacy.
Mom and Dad Sandy & Mike Evers ran track at KU.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 11 months ago #29164 by HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 11 months ago #29219 by HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29247 by HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29249 by HawkErrant
Shay @Jayhawkslant says Self contacted Mosley today.
Although would fill the scholarship left by a departing Braun, he would essentially be a Remy replacement in my estimate.
And he is not looking to decide until June, which tells me he could be really interested in KANSAS.

Tweet full text:
Missouri State’s Isiaih Mosley is very arguably the best player in the portal. The 6’5” wing has been one of the nation’s leading scorers in back-to-back seasons.

He spoke with
@RivalsHoops
about what he’s looking for in a school & future plans.
Rivals.com - Goff: Isiaih Mosley is the transfer portal's hottest new commodity(members only access)

Article summary:

Need a scorer ready NOW? Mosley. [Again, replacing Remy in my mind - HE]

Two-time All-MVC performer.
20.4 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game past season, shooting 42.7% from 3 (5 attempts per game).

IN HIS OWN WORDS

What he’s looking for in a school:

“Really just a school that deals with pros. A school that is willing to make their best player run suicides or make their best player get disciplined as much as their worst player. A school that holds everybody accountable. I’m just looking for a good team. A family first team like Missouri State is."

On role at next school:

“I would like to have the ball in my hands, but I’m very much fine and it doesn’t bother me at all if I have to go off of the ball and if I have to do some catch and shoots. When I get into the NBA, that’s not how the game is going to go, so I might as well start learning how to do it. Well, not learning how, but showing people that I can play off the ball as well as when I have the ball in my hands.”

On visits:

“No, I don’t have any visits set up, but I am looking to take some visits.”

On decision timetable:

“My timetable will be after May, but I’m not for sure on that. I can’t really give you a date, but as of right now, if I had to say, it would be after May.” [Emphasis mine. Sounds as if he is waiting to see who has the opening, i.e., is his old MOKAN friend Braun returning or not . - HE]

Schools contacting him: Kansas, Duke, DePaul, Mississippi State, Texas, Louisville, Oklahoma, Florida, Texas Tech and more.
He plans to complete his pre-draft process and then switch focus to deciding on a future school.
"a plug-and-play scorer who can put the ball in the basket in a variety of ways."

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29257 by HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29289 by HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29321 by HawkErrant
The Origin Post has been updated to reflect Tuesday’s news that Christian Braun was going to stay in the NBA Draft, leading to KANSAS having another available scholarship.

That ride is actually already spoken for if Texas Tech transfer Kevin McCullar withdraws from the NBA Draft, but as of Tuesday he has not.

Standing by…

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29323 by HawkErrant
Newtonhawk’s post on CB staying in the draft and the related thread, which includes updates on transfers interested in KANSAS should Jalen Wilson stay in the draft, and/or if committed TT transfer Kevin McCullar shocks everyone and stays in the draft.

www.rockchalk.com/index.php/forum/basket...n-the-2022-nba-draft

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29330 by HawkErrant
RCB: ISU Fr G Tyrese Hunter to Texas

Linking to the 2022 recruiting thread FTR.

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 9 months ago #29349 by HawkErrant
Their withdrawal brings KU's scholarship bill up to 13 filled rides for AY2022-23.

They will be on campus in the next week to start summer school and summer training.

RCB: Jalen announcing return at 5 pm CDT

RCB: McCullar’s a JAYHAWK!!!