Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Transfer talk

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
2 years 4 hours ago #29217 by HawkErrant
This Sunday (May 1, 2022) is the last day for fall and winter sports athletes (e.g., football and basketball) to enter the Transfer Portal and be able eligible to play without having to sit any time out.

As of this moment, there is not even a rumor of anyone at KU looking to transfer out.

As for potential transfers in (in case Braun and/or Wilson opt to stay in the draft instead of returning, leaving either 1or 2 scholarships available for next fall), these two fellows are the hottest names currently being discussed—

Tyrese Hunter ISU and
Baylor Scheierman South Dakota St (and yes, his name is … Baylor)

(The following is an excerpt of Shay’s commentary on JayhawkSlant)
Link

“I've been told that both are very interested in Kansas and both could potentially visit in the near future. I've been told that in-home visits are taking place and lists are being trimmed down, and that will likely be the case until a final decision by each player is made. Just from different conversations and my own feeling, I believe that Kansas is very much involved with both Hunter and Scheierman and, without any question at all, it wouldn't surprise me if one or both ultimately decide to visit.”

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: porthawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
More
2 years 4 hours ago #29218 by HawkErrant
More info on Hunter and Scheierman

Tyrese Hunter Rivals recruiting page

Not the greatest O stats, but kid is a defensive demon and should only get better.
ESPN: Tyrese Hunter stats

ESPN: Baylor Scheierman stats

More from Shay on Baylor S: “According to his guy, who I just heard from a few minutes ago, Baylor Scheierman is interested in Kansas and Kansas is interested in Baylor. I also heard from another source and it sounds like in-home visits are taking place. Obviously, something to watch from here on out.”

Slanters are saying think of Chris Mullins of St John’s (for us older guys) or Duke’s Luke Kennard (not being a big Duke follower, his is a name I do not know).

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaythawk1

• HawkErrant
More
2 years 1 hour ago #29220 by HawkErrant
BY THE WAY,

I noticed that Scheierman is listed as a Sophomore by SDSU, yet he has season playing records for 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22.

No matter how you slice it, he's a JUNIOR unless he got some special NCAA redshirt dispensation somewhere that no one has written about. I'll let you know if I find out more.

• HawkErrant
More
2 years 33 minutes ago - 2 years 31 minutes ago #29221 by HawkErrant
Another BTW - the ORIGIN POST for the pinned AY2021-22 Recruiting Page has been updated with the latest info I have found on CB & JW & DAVE's status, available scholarships, potential Transfers (in and out), the final Rivals 2022 Recruiting Rankings for our 4 signees and the final 2022 Recruiting Class Rankings for KANSAS for Rivals, 247Sports and ESPN.

If you read through it and have questions or notice anything that you think needs fixing, PLEASE let me know so I can get 'er done. And THANKS in advance!

Last Edit: 2 years 31 minutes ago by HawkErrant.

More
1 year 11 months ago #29224 by hoshi
On the number of scholarships, remember that there were early rumors about MJ Rice going pro or G-league. Anything new on that front?

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 11 months ago #29226 by HawkErrant

hoshi wrote: On the number of scholarships, remember that there were early rumors about MJ Rice going pro or G-league. Anything new on that front?

Not a thing.