Reply Flat, Threaded, or Indented view

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.

X

Topic History of: Flat, Threaded, or Indented view

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• HawkErrant
8 years 2 months ago

Dave, FWIW -- As I play around with the different views, I'm finding I prefer the flat view. I don't like the way the threaded view works with this platform.

• asteroid
8 years 2 months ago

Whichever offers the widest message display area, if there is any difference. Otherwise threaded.

• Sieverling
8 years 2 months ago

ah, ok. Thanks.

• porthawk
8 years 2 months ago

Sieverling wrote: Kong is right about the forum-level. Not many board systems show all the messages on one page anymore. Pretty big drag on system resources.

I, too, liked see all the bball messages threaded on the same page. This explanation from you help explains why that's not the case.

Also, in the threaded view (the "tree"), is there a way to set it to see what posts have NOT been viewed? (e.g. the green superscript or the flag on the old board).

And lastly, will you be able to bring over the content from the other board? That's a "just out of curiosity"

Many thanks to you for taking the time to keep us Jayhawk fans connected!

• porthawk
8 years 2 months ago

Dave...so yes, on the bball board, threads got bumped to the top with each new reply. On the politics board, you would just see the original topic/post...until you clicked on it. Once you clicked on it, you could see all the messages under that topic (the threaded view).

• JhawkMom
8 years 2 months ago

I miss the old format. We were able to post during the games with scores and groans. It was easier to see the posts under a new topic. It seems this setup takes up so much space for a topic.