Reply View: Flat, Threaded or Indented?

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.

X

Topic History of: View: Flat, Threaded or Indented?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• HawkErrant
8 years 1 month ago

I started out preferring the flat, then tried the others as board traffic picked up and I was having trouble tracking responses. As you write, personal preference.

• konza63
8 years 1 month ago

I tend to like Flat view on the laptop, just because it keeps it in chronological order. If I can't intuit that a given poster is responding to the post right before him, I'll toggle to Indented just to check--but usually I find it's rather intuitive. I just like the Flat flow better. (Personal pref)

As for my phone (which I use about half the time), I think it's the same as above.

• HawkErrant
8 years 1 month ago

After having used the board in all three views for some time now on different devices, my two cents on which I prefer to use.

Desktop -- definitely Indented, as it combines the best features of both the others.

Mobile -- Indented by a hair, especially if not on wi-fi.
Threaded: I love seeing the thread (seeing who is responding to whom), but I hate dealing with having to open up each post to read it. Potential slow speed when on 4G (comparatively speaking); small screen, my digits ...grrrr.

Indented: the indentation is so minimal on the small screen unless in landscape view, that it can still be difficult to tell which comment is being responded to by the poster. Might as well be flat. But in landscape view, the text of each post doesn't wrap as well as they do in the portrait view. Guess it's better than nothing. Minimal difference between the two renders the choice a coin flip for me.