Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Site Feedback

Use this forum for questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, bug reports, requested features about Rockchalk.com.

More private messages (email or PM) for Dave can be sent through his profile.

View: Flat, Threaded or Indented?

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #4714 by HawkErrant
After having used the board in all three views for some time now on different devices, my two cents on which I prefer to use.

Desktop -- definitely Indented, as it combines the best features of both the others.

Mobile -- Indented by a hair, especially if not on wi-fi.
Threaded: I love seeing the thread (seeing who is responding to whom), but I hate dealing with having to open up each post to read it. Potential slow speed when on 4G (comparatively speaking); small screen, my digits ...grrrr.

Indented: the indentation is so minimal on the small screen unless in landscape view, that it can still be difficult to tell which comment is being responded to by the poster. Might as well be flat. But in landscape view, the text of each post doesn't wrap as well as they do in the portrait view. Guess it's better than nothing. Minimal difference between the two renders the choice a coin flip for me.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"