Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

SNL: The Bubble

More
7 years 5 months ago #9522 by Allen
This what kslib called fact:

"Go ahead and justify his apparent appointment of Bannon. The guy has publicly declared that we need to rid America of Jews. He called all liberal women worthless dykes. He declares that hate is a good thing. He has made no attempt to hide his hatred of blacks. He wants women to obey their husbands and if not married, then they aren't up to his standards. He publicly acknowledge his hatred of homosexuals

Your article does not back up those claims nor can kslib. Those are lies and assumptions by kslib. Murphyslaw can't either, but she has heard enough of Rachel Maddow's "opinion" to believe everything she hears from Rachel. (Unbelievable!) Anyway, I did not see where you proved that Bannon publicly declared America should get rid of Jews. He did not call ALL liberal women worthless dykes. He did not declare that hate is a good thing (I think she/he is confusing "anger" with "hate"). Nothing showed where he said that he hates all blacks and that he wants all women to obey their husbands. I also did not see where he acknowledged that he "hates" all homosexuals. Good thing Bannon doesn't read the rock chalk board, kslib could be in a bit of legal trouble for those false claims and accusations.

kslib can quit whining now as Bannon has the job whether kslib likes it or not.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9523 by kslib72
thinkprogress.org/steve-bannons-disturbi...d73866e2d#.nh81dfcrf
Read this and tell me how great he is. I'm not whining, I mad as hell and scared to death about what is going to happen to this country in the next 4 years. Go ahead and please explain your support of Trump to people of color or religion (other than your own ), women, ok smart women, and anyone that is not a rich, white man. Go ahead...I didn't lie. That's your guy that does that and you approve. So much for those 10 Commandments that you say that you believe in. What a lie.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #9525 by murphyslaw
Would you please address me directly with your hateful comments? I believe that would be the civil, proper, fair, and decent thing to do on this board. In my opinion, talking trash about me or any other poster here doesn't speak well for your character, Allen.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by murphyslaw. Reason: clarification

• boulderhawk
  • boulderhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9599 by boulderhawk
Good find, kslib. I will comment further on the link when I get more time.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9604 by Kong
and Doc play your little pony games?

You are right though, that kind of behavior doesn't speak well about one's character.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 5 months ago #9644 by DocBlues
are doing in this post?

More
7 years 5 months ago #9647 by Kong
I am wondering what you are reading. The comment was about addressing someone directly as opposed to indirectly. I addressed her directly. She and you use the pony game to indirectly attempt to mock someone.

The comment was about how the indirect attack method that both you and she chose to do in the past would be considered uncivil, improper, unfair, and indecent and that doing so would reflect rather poorly on those that do that, like the two of you often do. To this I agreed with her.

Given your comment, I am beginning to wonder if English is even your native language, because you could not have been further off. I hope that was direct and clear enough for you. Given your current display at completely missing the point. Let me know if you need this further explained to you. I am here for you. :-)

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 5 months ago #9648 by DocBlues
You could have simply said you agreed with her comment. Instead, you felt it necessary to be petty and kick dirt on us. I guess, as a moderator, you feel you can do this without being called out on in. As for the "pony game," I guess you're not used to posting horse manure and having it called what it is. The truth hurts, eh?

Oh, English is my first language and I won't be needing you as a translator. Thanks anyway.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9649 by Kong
You routinely kick dirt on everyone that doesn't agree with you. Murphy created a specific comment about indirect attacks and how poorly that reflects on the person doing it. I both directed it to the two of you and showed the hypocrisy in her comment since the two of you routinely do what she was criticizing Allen for.

You guys ask questions and when the answer doesn't fit your preconceived notion, you try to belittle others through snide and cutesy comments that are indirect as she was complaining about.

Call me out on anything you want. Report my behavior if you see fit. So far you haven't called me out on anything as you are continuing to miss the point. You may not realize it, but you definitely need help with your supposed first language. To continually be so off, so often is rather sad. But keep trying. I will be here for you.

So to recap, Murphy made a point criticizing Allen for doing the very thing the two of you do all the time. She also said that it reflected poorly on the person who does that. I agree with her on that. You missed the point and accused me of doing the same thing, when it was completely the opposite I offer to assist you with learning English as you are so far off the point as to be concerning with your comprehension skills. You again miss the point and assume that I am worried about something or that I feel I can't be called out on something. Yet another completely false premise.

Did that help you any? I typed very slowly for you.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 5 months ago #9650 by DocBlues
You seem to be missing my point. Instead of simply saying you agreed with Murphy, you felt it necessary to chastise us. Now, you feel compelled to toss snide comments around concerning my mastery of the English language. How infantile. I need to work on my English? You need to work on your manners.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9651 by Kong
I am here for you. I got your point, I understood it completely. It was just not correct. I chastised the two of you DIRECTLY so as to make the point of the HYPOCRISY of her comment. Simply agreeing with her could have been confusing as the two of you might think I was agreeing with her regarding Allen. The point was that the two of you do the very thing that she was so upset about.

So again you missed the point and yet you say you DON'T need help with English? tsk tsk tsk

And for you to say anyone needs to work on their manners is again hypocritical. You routinely behave in a manner that is dismissive, belittling, and rude. So, I can try to help you with this as well. But I really think we need to get through the English issues first.

It's okay, though. I am here for you!

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 5 months ago #9652 by DocBlues
You unnecessarily criticized me for something I usually don't do. I don't go or talk about people behind their back; I speak to them directly. That's where mentioning me (not directly!) in your criticism of Murphy was off base. Your "I'm here for you" BS is tiresome, as is you mocking of my language. So, why don't you just stow that nonsense?

More
7 years 5 months ago #9653 by Kong
Were you not part of the Pony game? You have done that kind of thing routinely to Allen as well. So once again it isn't off base, it is direct and relevant, not off base in the slightest. I mentioned you and Murphy directly. Not snippy comments and asides like a bunch of school girls. And you wonder why I think you need help with the English language?

Tiresome is your practice of belittling and dismissing others who don't agree with your position.

Since you continually miss the point, I feel I will have to keep trying to help you out. So don't worry, I am here for you. I won't give up.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #9654 by DocBlues
It's late and I'm weary of being the "jackass whisperer." Have a nice evening, Kong.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by DocBlues.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9655 by Kong
that must be the manners you spoke about coming through.

I am guessing that you got it half right though. You probably are tired of being the jackass. :-)

Good night Doc.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 5 months ago #9710 by DocBlues
So, you decided you needed to be "Miss Manners" on this board . You then took posters to task for being, in your mind, rude, mocking, shaming, etc. You then posted 5 times ridiculing, mocking and treating me rudely. Did the hypocrisy of this ever cross your mind?

More
7 years 5 months ago #9714 by Kong
Sorry doc. The rules were made very clear.

If you give as good as you get, you do not deserve civility on this board. Murphy said so.

Or it could be that by mirroring your antics, pointing the double standard that the two of you apply to others, and doing the same thing to you I was making a point about the hypocrisy you two often show to others.

But typical of you, you see it when others do it and not when you do it.

I believe I have made the point clear enough that even a person who struggles with the language can get it. ;-)

Just remember, I am here for you. ;-)

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 5 months ago #9715 by kslib72
The point is 1. always agree with Kong 2. Never challenge his posts. 3. Leave poor Allen alone 4. Ignore Boulder.

There that should do it. Too bad this board stopped being for adults.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9719 by Kong
Not really. I have my view and believe that I have valid points on a wide variety of topics. I will defend them when challenged, but I also know that I am not always right, have a built in bias due to my life's experiences, and acknowledge that the opposition might have valid perspectives.

I don't particularly care if you go after Allen or not. But I think everyone could do with more civility. Myself at times too. What I have read of Boulder's posts is that he has a viewpoint, but I can't recall him attacking a person personally.

I don't agree with either side on this board on a wide variety of topics, but I can understand where most of them are coming from. I do not understand the hateful comments by either side towards the other. I do not understand when a question is asked seemingly to get a viewpoint that the response is attacked viciously. I don't understand the constant attempts to mock, belittle the other posters on a personal level. The labelling of the other posters with horrid descriptors.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 4 months ago #9722 by Allen
You're right, Kong! I am guilty of making hateful comments. I know better and will most definitely work on my attitude when responding to others and will strive for civility towards everyone.

Sometimes, we don't see our own actions in a poor light but rather with a self-serving bias. Thanks for the reminders, we all could use them (except for Boulder! :))

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump