Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

SNL: The Bubble

• boulderhawk
  • boulderhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9436 by boulderhawk
A funny SNL skit. The Bubble--a city for progressives.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9454 by Allen
Lol....that is so funny! Thanks for sharing, Boulder. SNL hits the nail on the head with this one. I wish there was a place for them to go and live and leave the rest of us "normal" people alone. We endured the past 8 years, but as we found out, we are a much tougher group of people than they are. :)

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 5 months ago #9495 by DocBlues
This is an absurd post even for you, Allen. You label tens of millions of people who hold a different political philosophy from yours as not being "normal." Did you bother to think about this before you posted it? Do you consider the Duke carrying a concealed weapon to church "normal?" What exactly have you had to "endure" for the past 8 years that apparently was so painful for you? POTUS Obama has currently has the highest approval rating of any modern President -- higher even than St. Raygun. In the past 8 years, 2 wars have been ended, unemployment has been reduced to the lowest level in 40 years, 20 million of our fellow citizens have health insurance that didn't have it before, significant steps have been taken to protect the environment, the stock market is at an all-time high (boulder won't tell us how much he likes this!). The list goes on. What have you had to "endure," other than an intelligent, dignified person of color living in the White House?
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
7 years 5 months ago #9498 by kslib72
Your last sentence was the answer. They had to put up with the black guy. The right can scream and yell all that they want, but the only thing different from any other democrat POTUS is he's a black man...wait wasn't Allen that insisted that he be labeled as half white? Guess he wasn't white enough!

• boulderhawk
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9499 by boulderhawk
I'm guessing that you didn't like Reagan, Bush, Bush, and now Trump as presidents. Correct? Allen & I didn't like Carter, Clinton, or Obama as presidents, but since Obama is black, we are racists. Is that what you are trying to say? You sure love to slander your political opponents, which includes the falsehoods that you accused Steve Bannon of declaring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allen

More
7 years 5 months ago #9500 by Allen
THIS is what we have had to endure the past 8 years!!!:

" What have you had to "endure," other than an intelligent, dignified person of color living in the White House?"

The main stream media, you and murphyslaw have called those of us who do not like Obama racists. Racism is such an ugly term. Neither one of you actually know the definition of the word or you would use it correctly. I do not feel I am superior to any other race!! If I were racist, would I have friends who are different race than me? Would I associate with people of a different race? Would I be near any of them or take pictures with them? Don't answer that it is only the KU basketball team, I was recently in NYC and I had my picture taken or I took a picture of the black Ranger in the Statute of Liberty, the black tour guide with the awesome singing voice and the black lady who was so kind to us as a tour guide. I have black friends that I like, but I have two in particular who I actually love. They are funny, kind and very intelligent. They are kind to me and never, ever treat me as low as you and murphyslaw do! Neither of them like Obama and they both voted for Trump.

What else have I had to endure? Obamacare! You have no idea how expensive it is a month for those who do not have insurance through their employer! It was a bad plan, rammed down the Americans throat by all Democrats.

What else have I had to endure? Being treated as a 2nd class citizen with no representation because the current man in the WH has no tolerance for anyone who does not believe exactly as he does!

I could go on, but I'm tired of this 8-yr old conversation. Can't wait until President Trump starts turning this country around! The stock markets have already soared at the anticipation of him coming into office. :)

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

• boulderhawk
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9501 by boulderhawk
Condi Rice, Thomas Sowell, Michael Steele, Ben Carson, Tim Scott, Walter Williams, Allen West, Clarence Thomas, & Larry Elder are dignified, intelligent people of color, but I bet that you wouldn't want them in the White House. Why? Because they are conservative and you are liberal. I, and probably Allen, would be happy to have any of the above as our president.

Would you stop playing the race card on this site? It gets to be so old. I know that it is the primary Democrat/liberal talking point, but there are only a few of us that participate on this site, and it would be nice to move on from this debate-ending tactic.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9503 by DocBlues
How's your stock portfolio done in the last 8 years?

More
7 years 5 months ago #9505 by DocBlues
"What else have I had to endure? Being treated as a 2nd class citizen with no representation because the current man in the WH has no tolerance for anyone who does not believe exactly as he does!" What nonsense! You live in a state whose government is republican top to bottom. Your senators and congressional reps are all republican. The Congress and Senate have had repub majorities for sometime now. Your "no representation" statement is a load of horse manure! The "current man in the WH" (what, you can't even bring yourself to say his name?) has been subject to outrageous disrespect and hostility by people of your political bent. He has been INCREDIBLY tolerant in the face of hatred.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9506 by murphyslaw
Allen, you and I have been at it for more years than I care to count. I left this board at least once because of the way you treated me, so I maintain that you have always given as good as you got, so to speak. And by the way, years ago when I took a long leave of absence from the political board, I still read the posts, and your comments about me were not kind. ("Guess she couldn't take the heat so she got out of the kitchen," was one of the milder comments that I recall.)

It makes one wonder if you are prejudiced against blacks, gays, etc., when you always counter any suspicion by insisting that you have black friends, you have gay friends, and on and on. This board is fairly anonymous, so it is assumed no one knows you personally enough to back up your stories. I am NOT accusing you of prevaricating, but over the years I've learned you will say almost anything to prove your point or to hit back.

Your alluding to the fact that you and those who believe as you do are the "normal" ones, is prejudicial, in my opinion; however, when you support Trump, who has made so many derogatory comments about women, those of different color, religion, sex, and physicality, it makes sense that you would make such statements.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9507 by DocBlues
Actually, there are several names in your list that I would FAR rather see in the White House than the orange con man who will be installed in January. Several are unqualified (Carson has publicly admitted this) and one (West) is a certifiable nut.

I'll call out racism and bigotry whenever I see it. The phrase "race card" is an attempt to marginalize people who speak out in favor of social justice. Deal with it.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9508 by kslib72
Tell me one time in history when the leadership of congress declared publicly that they would do WHATEVER it took to make sure that anything the POTUS wanted would be stopped? The night before inauguration those men got together and announced this pathetic statement. What was different? Only his color. As far as Bannon goes I said nothing more than what is reported. I take it you like this man? You think he's a good guy? You might try getting your news from someplace other than total liars. Briebart was a liar and his site is still filled with it. How many bipartisan groups need to report that Trump lied an average of 40 times a speech? It sure appears that you like liars, cheaters, racists and bigots. You claim that your aren't that way, but boy you're sure ok with it.

• boulderhawk
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9509 by boulderhawk
Kslib wrote, "As far as Bannon goes I said nothing more than what is reported." Is that correct? Then prove it, as I've been requesting for weeks. Please link me to some sites or tell me where you've heard the things that you've credited him for saying or writing. I sure can't find them, and evidently you can't either. It appears to me that you've slandered the man.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9510 by Allen
She has slandered me too Boulder. I do not like being publically called a racist, but that is what she/he has done. She should have some facts to back up her ridiculous claims! :angry:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9511 by Allen
It makes one wonder if you are prejudiced against blacks, gays, etc., when you always counter any suspicion by insisting that you have black friends, you have gay friends, and on and on. This board is fairly anonymous, so it is assumed no one knows you personally enough to back up your stories. I am NOT accusing you of prevaricating, but over the years I've learned you will say almost anything to prove your point or to hit back.

I don't recall ever saying I have gay friends. But since you brought it up, I do. I also have gay relatives. So? Doesn't everyone???

You think this board is anonymous? It's not. Doc knows who I am as he is friends with Teresa (tmhawk) on Facebook. I was but I got tired of her pure hatred for anyone remotely conservative. I must have been her token Conservative "friend" as she called me out almost daily. My real friends and family kept telling me to dump her so I finally did. My name is Christy Allen Wenciker. I work at Pfizer in McPherson, KS. Anyone can find that out in about 5 minutes as I do have a Facebook account. Look up my account, look up my friends, ask my friends about me, I don't care. I am finished defending myself here.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9512 by murphyslaw
You may have just proven my statement about your saying almost anything to prove a point or to hit back. What do you think?

I'll bet you were taught by your parents, ministers, or teachers that talking behind someone's back wasn't the right thing to do.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9516 by kslib72
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...it's a duck. You support a man that is raging racist. At the very least you are ok with racism. As for Boulder...I gave you plenty of examples. Again. you're just fine with racists, bigots, sexual predators, liars, cheaters and con men. Here goes that duck thing again.

• boulderhawk
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9519 by boulderhawk
Kslib wrote: "As for Boulder...I gave you plenty of examples" Plenty? You didn't give me any examples that supported your statement! If you did, please link me to your multiple examples.

Below is your statement that I want you to support. If your statement is true, it should be easy for you to prove. I've researched it, and can't find anything. I'm sure that Doc & Murphy have too. I'm thinking that you just made it up.

Kslib wrote:

"Go ahead and justify his apparent appointment of Bannon. The guy has publicly declared that we need to rid America of Jews. He called all liberal women worthless dykes. He declares that hate is a good thing. He has made no attempt to hide his hatred of blacks. He wants women to obey their husbands and if not married, then they aren't up to his standards. He publicly acknowledge his hatred of homosexuals."

www.rockchalk.com/index.php/forum/politi...ral-governments/9260

More
7 years 5 months ago #9520 by murphyslaw
Since you mentioned my name in your post as having researched Bannon, I will reply.

I haven't researched him because I watched the Rachel Maddow show when she reported on his background. (Transcript 11/14/20160)
There was enough information there to convince me of his character.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9521 by DocBlues
Here are some Bannon quotes with sources.

www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us/politics/s...bart-words.html?_r=0

He's scum. Plus, he looks like a skid row bum.

You can stop whining now.