Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

More protests rallies reported.

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9189 by murphyslaw
I haven't zeroed in on the news much lately, but did hear a blurb about continued protest rallies around the nation. Has anyone heard where they're scheduled to happen? My daughter said Wichita was planning on a big one, but I'd like to find one closer to the KC area.

The last time I protested publicly was at TPAC (Topeka Performing Arts Center) against the Phelps when my grandchildren were very young-- more than a few moons ago--so it's time for me to get involved in something worthwhile again!

Please reply if you know any info. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9197 by boulderhawk
You might want to contact the DNC. They'll probably have a pretty good idea where "spontaneous" demonstrations may crop up.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9199 by Allen
What happened to "Love Trumps Hate"???? What happened to "When they take the low road, we take the high road"????

This is shameful that some don't support the outcome of the election and Doc said it first!

Attacking the Messenger

"In tonight's debate, Drumpf says he might not accept the results of the election. Shameful. Just shameful."

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 5 months ago #9202 by boulderhawk
This sort of activity sickens me. Can you imagine the outrage, on this board, if Republicans took to the street and beat up people that "may have" voted for Hillary?

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/12/motorist-b...ti-trump-taunts.html

From the article:

The video shows three men repeatedly punching and kicking Wilcox. Bystanders can be heard yelling, "You voted Trump!" and "Don't vote Trump!" along with the more quotidian "Beat his ass!"

Wilcox told reporters that he had voted for Trump in Tuesday's presidential election, but said his assailants had no way of knowing that. He did tell the Tribune that he believed the men were egged on by the bystanders.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9230 by DocBlues
To insinuate that the DNC is behind the anti-Drumpf demonstrations is without any basis in fact. But, of course, you know this.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9233 by DocBlues
Come on! Trump supporters beat up protestors at Trump's rallies before the election! I don't condone violence by either side.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9235 by boulderhawk
You're probably right, Doc, the DNC would never involve themselves in activities such as these. What was I thinking? Have you been partaking in any of the demonstrations?

More
7 years 5 months ago #9237 by DocBlues
Show me some proof that the DNC is behind these demonstrations. Have haven't participated in them. Yet.