Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

What a great day!

• Allen
  • Allen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8457 by Allen
Such division within the party of the Democrats! It seems like it was only a week ago when they were crowing about how the Republicans were not unified and turmoil at our convention. LOL

Who was shocked that the Democrat election system is corrupt and rigged? Not me. The Democrats have been rigging elections for years. That's why they don't want a photo ID to vote. Dead people and felons have a difficult time showing up with a photo ID.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #8459 by DocBlues
It truly WAS a great day! The FLOTUS and Cory Booker both hit home runs with their speeches. The message was one of hope and optimism, unlike Drumpf's gloom, doom and fear.

Given that the convention still has 3 days to go, I think any conclusions about party unity are very premature. The GOP has come out of their convention with a candidate that prominent republicans are publicly denouncing and refusing to endorse.

There is no evidence that the Dem's primary election was rigged. HRC received 4 million more votes than Sanders. That's a pretty clear message as to who the party wants as their nominee.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by DocBlues.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8460 by murphyslaw
You're back! And with such glee over the very recent problems in the Democratic party, too! So glad you're brimming over with happiness!
Does the distress of others usually bring a Christian woman such as yourself that much joy?

I do think we have a way to go before there is as much strife as there has been and is with the Reps. Oh, and so far I've not heard of any country debating whether or not to allow OUR candidate to cross its borders.

Rigging elections for years? I presume you have proof of this and are not just throwing around a theory you wish were true.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8464 by Allen
Yes, I'm back! My glee is a result of the double standards of some Democrats. They were so quick (and gleeful) to find fault with the Republican convention over party unity. Did you criticize any of those Democrats last week who may also be Christian? If you will recall (from yesterday), Debbie Wasserman Schultz criticized Bernie Sanders for his religion. She was hoping the people of Kentucky would think he was an Atheist. Many (including me) found that offensive. I find your questioning my faith offensive also. I have never claimed to be "sin free". If those Democrats were in "distress" yesterday it is from their own doing--not mine.

In the past, I posted examples of the Democrats and their rigged elections. Dead voters, felons voting and some casting more than one vote for the same candidate has occurred in every election in recent years. Why else do you think the Dems are against voter ID laws? LOL

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 8 months ago #8465 by DocBlues
Did you watch tonight's convention? UNITY! A love fest! Bernie Sanders moving to nominate HRC by acclamation. That is unity!

You have a candidate that a significant number of republicans don't even believe should in the PARTY. Many prominent republicans, including the last 2 republican presidents and the last republican nominee, refuse to endorse Drumpf. You can be gleeful and LOL all you want, but your take on this seems off base.

Oh, you should have checked on Wasserman-Schultz's faith before trotting her out as an example of not behaving like a Christian. She's Jewish.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8466 by murphyslaw
I see you haven't lost your touch.

Allen, I could respect you if you would act in the manner you call Christian-like instead of just proclaiming your faith, and then excusing yourself by saying you're not "sin-free." (Oops, deja vu. We've had this conversation before.)

By the way, I am a Democrat, and the reason I resent the idea of the photo ID to vote is because of the poor in this country (and surprise, surprise, many of them happen to be black) may not have a photo ID, and they reportedly have been voting for years without one. It seems to be a hardship for many of these folks because it may be difficult for them to obtain a photo ID. I strongly suspect that your sources of supposed voter fraud by the Democratic party are tainted.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8467 by murphyslaw
Touche, Doc.

It's a great time to be alive!

P.S. Has anyone in the Trump campaign mentioned the word, LOVE? I've heard lots of hate-generating talk, but not so much about love.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8468 by murphyslaw
Cory Booker said it best:

"Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people.

Before you tell me how much you love your God, show me how much you love all His children.

Before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors.

In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give."

I would love to see this man as our President some day.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8470 by Allen
I'm not seeking your respect, Murphyslaw, so do not concern yourself about giving it to me. I am offended by your using my religion as an arguing point against me. Going forward, I promise not to talk about my religion (unless asked) and I would hope you would not use my religion to take a personal jab at me. I merely was pointing out point out the hypocrisy of the Democrats.

It is ludicrous to say poor people can't get a photo ID. There is no reason our government can't supply a free one to those who can't afford it. Don't you dare suggest that I don't like blacks. I have several very good black friends. Two of them are from Kenya, but US citizens now. I love them and they love me too. They are kind and genuine and I could care less what color their skin is. And you shouldn't single them out, as they are just as American as you. Only exception....they are both for Trump. Oops. They work at the same plant I do so of course they have a photo ID or they wouldn't have a job!

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8471 by Allen
I agree with Corey Becker. Too many think they are better than others. Not true....we are all created equal.

Please tell me just exactly what I did wrong, other than chuckle at the hypocrisy of some Democrats? If they LOVE everyone so much, maybe they should LOVE Republicans too.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8472 by Allen
Obviously, you did not watch the RNC convention, Murphyslaw. His manager is a black woman and she LOVES him. You probably don't know about all the people The Donald has helped financially without any recognition. I'm not going to defend Trump other than to say you should watch and do research instead of listening to Rachel Maddow spin.

News Flash....the Democrats are NOT the only ones who love others.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8473 by Allen
Of course I watched tonight. Did you? CNN still has a video of the Bernie Sanders supporters walking out of the DNC, protesting the nomination of the frump, Killary. If that's your definition of UNITY, so be it.

Your candidate has been booed multiple times in the past two days. Our candidate was not booed, but Lying Ted WAS booed for not endorsing Trump. All the GOP candidates signed a pledge to support the GOP nominee. Kasich, Cruz and Bush broke that pledge and I am glad these men whose word was not their bond were NOT nominated.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8475 by DocBlues
I'm looking forward to not having to read your sanctimonious, self righteous religious verbiage in the future, so thanks for that. "I have several black friends" is one of the favorite phrases of bigots. I'm not sure what your Kenyan friends supporting Drumpf is supposed to mean as his support by blacks nationally is less than 10%.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8476 by kslib72
oh Murphy it seems that you've hit a nerve with Allen! Keep up the good work. I've always enjoyed reading how she twists and turns facts around. Soon she may be without her beloved Fox News. Talk about LOL.!

More
7 years 8 months ago #8477 by DocBlues
Jajajaja! Your candidate isn't even a reuplican! He is, however, a vile, classless boor. One need only read his words to see this. If you support Drumpf, then you support bigotry, misogyny, and xenophobia. It's that simple.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8478 by Allen
What's a "reuplican", Doc?

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8479 by Allen
Doc, you never had to read my sanctimonious, self righteous religious verbiage. Don't know why you ever did. Mystery.

Call me a bigot if you want, just don't say I don't like blacks. Blacks are just like white people. Some blacks are really kind, funny and I call them friends. Some blacks are not very kind--just like you and Murphyslaw. You have no tolerance for anyone who believes differently than you. Both of you attack me personally. In less than 24 hours you have ridiculed my religious beliefs, called me a bigot and been down right rude to me. My crime? Laughing when karma came and bit the Dems in the backside after their crowing about the Republicans division last week.

I must chuckle at another glaring hypocrisy----YOU and MURPHYSLAW hold yourselves up as the party of LOVE. Refresh my memory again with Corey Booker's words. Oh I get it---you meant those words for me to live by --- NOT either of you.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8480 by Allen
You post is really full of hate directed at me. Maybe you should read Murphyslaw's post of Corey Booker's speech. Good words there for all of us to follow.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8481 by Allen
FLOTUS speech was good. Later, I thought of the irony of her words: "When they take the LOW road, we will take the HIGH road." Minutes later Elizabeth Warren came out and took the very LOW road when referring to the Republican nominee.

Also ironic was when Michelle said: "Don't let anyone say our country isn't great." (Well, except for when she said it 8 years ago!) Evidently, Democrats only think our country is great when they are in the White House.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8482 by boulderhawk
Welcome back, Allen! Sorry you had to endure such nasty attacks from our far-left friends. Out of the blue, you were criticized for you Christianity and then called a bigot. These personal attacks were way over the top, but as usual, you stayed above the fray and showed class. Well done.

Tonight, Boulderahawk and I finally got around to watching the Donald's convention speech. What a great speech! Unlike career politicians, I think he will be tenacious on getting his ideas implemented. Like Reagan after Carter, he could make a faltering America great again.