Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

What a great day!

More
7 years 8 months ago #8483 by murphyslaw
Allen, you continue to comment on bits of what I post instead of reading them thoroughly. I referred to the CAMPAIGN, not the convention.
In general, during the CAMPAIGN, I've heard very little about brotherly love and tolerance.

No, I did not watch the RNC, any more than I would have watched any team coached by Calipari unless it was playing KU.

As to Rachel Maddow, I don't believe she puts nearly as much spin as those on Morning Joe, Chris Matthews, and other MSNBC commentators. Her honesty and fact checking is what appeals to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8484 by murphyslaw
So then what does "pointing out point out" mean?

More
7 years 8 months ago #8486 by DocBlues
I did not call you a bigot. I simply stated the fact that "I have black friends" is a phrase often used by bigots. Consider this a bit of friendly advice lest people judge you to be a bigot for using this phrase when you are not. As for me, I'll take you at your word that you are not a bigot.

Intolerant? Yes, I am intolerant of some people: racists, bigots, sexists, war mongers, and the willfully ignorant. Contrary to your accusation, I am tolerant of many people who hold views different than my own. I do get testy with people who present views that are illogical and lacking empirical support.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8491 by boulderhawk
Doc wrote, "I am tolerant of many people who hold views different than my own." Please give me several examples of some well-known commentators or politicians that you usually disagree with, but are tolerant of?

More
7 years 8 months ago #8496 by DocBlues
David Brooks. William F. Buckley. George Will. Thomas Sowell.

• Allen
  • Allen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8501 by Allen
Good to be back, Boulder! Don't worry about me, I am truly unmoved by their nasty attacks. Same old tired rhetoric year after year. They only throw out those hateful words to me as they have to know I am right about the Democrats being such a hot mess right now. They may think their beliefs, ideology and political party are superior to mine, but that is simply untrue. I must have really hit a nerve with them when bringing up the irony of the criticism of the Republican Convention. At least no one there booed the RNC candidate! The only boos went to the man who promised to support the nominee and then did not! Notice all the "spin" here since then about how everything is "wonderful" and "unified" after the first three days of their convention? Me thinks they doth protest too much. Anyone with Google can check to see the truth about the Frump-Killary.

The Donald did give a great speech the other night! I'm not sure why he yelled the entire thing. I like his daughter, Ivanka! She is really a good spokeswoman for her dad. I was impressed with her accomplishments. Her speech was great and I really loved her pink dress. Later I found out she designed that herself and it sells at Macy's for $135.00

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 7 months ago #8502 by DocBlues
The dress, no doubt, is made in China. But don't worry, her Daddy is going to snap his bejeweled fingers and bring those jobs back to the good ol' U.S. of A. Jajajajaja!

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8503 by Allen
I love KU basketball, Murphyslaw, but voting for our president is a little bit more important to our country. How can you make an informed decision if you don't even listen to the other side? I need to hear it for myself--not just the slanted opinions of a news anchor. You and I both know that MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS & Fox have biased news anchors. I trust my own ears and eyes over their opinions of what someone just said!

Rachel may check facts, but so do I. I'm sure Rachel is checking facts that backs up her position on the issues she is talking about. Bill O'Reilly does the same thing. He is honest and always checks facts. He fact-checked Michelle's claim that some slaves built the White House. Last night he said that was true and he also expounded on that bit of Trivia. Very interesting stuff. I love history so it may not be as interesting to everyone.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 7 months ago #8506 by DocBlues
O'Reilly also said that the slaves were well fed and housed! What an incredibly insensitive thing to so!

More
7 years 7 months ago #8507 by murphyslaw
It is interesting how "unmoved" you become when someone points out the hypocrisy between your beliefs and your actions. For someone who is big on double standards and hypocrisy, it is odd that you continue to display those same characteristics and then complain when you are called on it.

I'll comment on your post of five minutes ago:

You get your news "facts" from Fox News, which I think doesn't really present fair and balanced accounts. You trust your own eyes and ears? That makes no sense to me, because what you choose to see and hear naturally have a bearing on what you believe. You have chosen to see and hear what Fox News depicts. (And their opinions of what someone "just" said.)

I said I didn't watch the RNC. I did NOT say I didn't watch Trump's speeches or any of his and other would be candidates' campaign.

"Voting for our president is a little bit more important to our country?" Thank you for the civics lesson. Good Grief!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DocBlues

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8508 by Allen
Giving facts about American history are insensitive? Maybe we shouldn't talk about history cause there is a lot of bad stuff our country has done to each other. Let's just bury that away and not talk about it.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8509 by DocBlues
If you put these "facts" into context, O'Reilly is suggesting that slavery is somehow acceptable if the slaves are properly housed and fed. That is sickening: slavery is WRONG under any and ALL conditions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8514 by Allen
O'Reilly did not in anyway suggest that slavery was okay. He stated some historical facts. I heard the whole talking point (not just selected snippets for the liberal world to tsk tsk about). A lot of our American history is ugly. O'Reilly was a history teacher and is a great history author. Our children and grandchildren will not learn much if we hide the ugly facts from them.

You guys certainly are grasping at straws. Sounds like you may becoming a tad bit desperate.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8523 by DocBlues
Yes, parts of American history are ugly. However, Billo has a long history of bigotry when it comes to people of color. Tell me what his purpose was by saying the slaves who built th WH had a good thin going? Tell me.