Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU favored at home by Ref's...

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16812 by replayloungehawk
Has anyone got any information on the guy who wrote this? I wondered where he went to college. This article is BS if you ask me. My nephew who is a huge WSU Shockers fan sent to me.

Funny, I always think the Dukes, Carolinas and Kentucky's of the world get the calls. I don't honestly see KU getting favored calls all the time. Yes there have been some bad calls but it goes both ways.

www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018...e-throws-bob-huggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16813 by hairyhawk
Someone needs to hook this guy up with the person that did the statistical analysis of calls at home vs away and there were several schools in the Big XII that get more calls at home than the Jayhawks including WVU.

More
6 years 2 months ago #16818 by NotOstertag
Sombody needs some cheese to go along with their "whine".

Look, I enjoy Huggy, but he's the LAST guy who should complain about slanted refereeing. Maybe he hasn't benefited as much this year because I don't think they have as good a team this year, but going to Morgantown to face "Press Virginia" usually means a total and complete hackfest of uncalled slaps, shoves and holds.

If Huggy wants the refs to call fouls on KU players, maybe he should send them into the paint and have them challenge our guys. Chucking shots from outside all day won't attract many whistles.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

More
6 years 2 months ago #16824 by porthawk
He's from Kentucky and is a Louisville guy. Couldn't find much else.

www.sbnation.com/authors/mike-rutherford
twitter.com/CardChronicle

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16833 by replayloungehawk
thanks Port, that's what I was able to find too but couldn't find out if he graduated from a school that would hate KU. I totally agree that tons of teams get fouls including WVU. I can't believe how hack happy they are with no calls when playing in WVU. Kind of like the bully in the neighborhood when I was a kid. He couldn't handle it when he someone did the same thing to him that he was doing to others.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16837 by HawkErrant
Ken Pomeroy shot down the KU gets most favored argument for any willing to believe the data.

www.rockchalk.com/index.php/forum/basket...ibes-to-kenpom#16618

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 2 months ago #16849 by konza63
Don't feed the trolls.

It's as simple as that. Haters of KU's success are not going to be swayed by facts, analysis, and reason. If their teams can't beat the Hawks on the court, which they can't, they have to poke holes in the nature of our success. The facts are clear: not only Pomeroy's, but the Star has done detailed analysis on this in prior seasons (because it always comes up).

Coach Doofus in Manhattan helped fuel it all with his whining, and Huggins furthered it with his diminishment of a great KU comeback and win in Lawrence.

At this point, I don't give a rat's tush about these whiners and hate-mongers.

Life is good at the top. And it has been for 14 straight years. (And counting...) :-)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk