Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

The state of things as I see it....

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #328 by Kong
KU has had some nice teams in the past. Bechard seems to have been a solid coach for quite some time who could never get al lthe pieces to fall in the right place. Unlike Bonnie, our former women's basketball coach, who had a year in and year out pattern of beating up on cupcake OOC and then swoon dive come conference play. I never felt her teams were improving during the year and competitive through and through.

This years volleyball team as been very special. But what is more important is looking at the past 3-4 years and the future. This is the fourth straight NCAA appearance for KU. I do not believe that has happened before. This is predominantly a young team. (The core are Sophs and Jrs.) This means that we should be even better next year!

Unlike Mangino's spectacular season that moved into oblivion once that class graduated, this team has two years in which to recruit and build a PROGRAM. One that will compete year in and year out, like NU, UT, USC, etc. This is a rare opportunity that I hope is seized by this coaching staff and that they recruit elite players to fill the void that will take place two and three years away.

In the meantime, NU needs to be taken down in front of their home crowd and the two UT losses need to be avenged. Let's go Jayhawks!

Visualize Whirled Peas
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.