Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Well, then, there, now...

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 6 months ago #29575 by murphyslaw
Bet you thought I was through posting political comments. Nope, there are even more scary, ridiculous, illegal, and unbelievable happenings than ever before, (And I remember seeing newsreels of FDR, Stalin, and Churchill. That's how long I've been around!)

First of all, it was wonderful seeing Kansas being praised in the national news. For ages we were the laughing stock of the entire world, but Governor Kelly and staff made sure voters were educated about the "NO" vote, plus there were constant reminders to vote, period. Although Kansas has long been ultra-conservative, her citizens came through, in my opinion.

Secondly, and it's hard to choose among so many problems, my opinion about jailing the creature is this: We are a sorely divided country as it is, so the argument by some that imprisoning a former president would cause a major rift doesn't make sense to me. I would love to have justice served so that future presidents would not be evilly tempted to skirt the law. If nobody is above the law, according to Garland, then don't make exceptions.

Hope all the Jayhawk faithful are well and still floating on the thrill of the National Championship!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.