Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

General election head-to-head matchups

• boulderhawk
  • boulderhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #1596 by boulderhawk
Surprising!

www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/09/fox-...ly.html?intcmp=hpbt2

From the Fox News poll:

Clinton currently ties or trails the Republicans in each of the possible 2016 matchups tested.

Rubio (50-41 percent) and Cruz (50-43 percent) perform best against the presumptive Democratic nominee. Rubio has a nine-point advantage and Cruz is up by seven.

Trump tops Clinton by three points (47-44 percent) and Bush ties at 44 percent each.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 3 months ago #1614 by DocBlues
Not surprising when one considers the source.

More
8 years 1 month ago #4450 by LasJayhawk
That was Clinton internal polling. Fox obtained it from North Korea after they hacked her server.

Yea,yea,yea, keepin' the faith
The following user(s) said Thank You: JhawkMom

• boulderhawk
  • boulderhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #4945 by boulderhawk
www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-02-26/...atistical-model-says

From the US News article:

His statistical model has only ever been wrong once in 104 years.

More
8 years 1 month ago #5088 by DocBlues
Unless Helmut is a lot older than he appears in his photos, your post is rather misleading. in reality, his model was only unleashed in 1996, so, his model has only predicted 5 elections at most. This is a "back tested model." Results of past events with known outcomes are modeled using various parameters. So, when you put the data into the model, you get the outcomes that have already occurred and you then use the model to predict future events. Since 1996, Helmut has predicted all presidential elections correctly. But, I have also correctly predicted those results with my "model." :P I would just make 2 additional comments.

1. The prediction is based on Trump becoming the gop nominee. While this may happen, I don't think it's a done deal. It will be fascinating to see how the gop establishment tries to derail Trump.
2. I think just about everyone would agree that the nature of this presidential election is very unusual, perhaps unlike anything in U.S. history. I have to wonder what impact this strange political environment will have on the accuracy of Helmut's model.

Maybe I'm giving my fellow citizens too much credit, but I truly do not believe they will elect Trump, an unqualified, classless demagogue, to POTUS if he becomes the gop nominee.