Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Over the top in unbelievable

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20360 by murphyslaw
When the 159 pounder says many government workers have told him to keep the government shut down until he gets the wall, is that an alternative fact? Just wondering.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20385 by murphyslaw
I was late in realizing that the shutdown affects federal prison workers and ultimately the community in which the prisons are located. (Namely my community, Leavenworth!) Also, no one seems to be addressing what happens to military paychecks. Blackmail really can be used to threaten the lives of those who care for us and those for whom we care.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 3 months ago #20470 by HawkErrant

murphyslaw wrote: I was late in realizing that the shutdown affects federal prison workers and ultimately the community in which the prisons are located. (Namely my community, Leavenworth!) Also, no one seems to be addressing what happens to military paychecks. Blackmail really can be used to threaten the lives of those who care for us and those for whom we care.

DOD, long with 75% of the Federal, has already been funded for the Fiscal Year 2019.

The shutdown is tied to FY 2019 funding for the last 25% of the Federal government (which should have been funded before the start of the FY back on 1 October 2018. Thank you, GOP House & Senate!)

The only branch of the US Uniformed Services that is affected by the shutdown is... the Coast Guard, which belongs to the Department of Homeland Security when it is not going to war as a part of the Navy.

Yep, you read that right. The Department of Homeland Security, which is responsible for -- well, it says it in the name -- is not funded because Traitor Toddler Trump throws a tantrum to get his vanity wall in order to say to his base he has secured our borders.

I wonder how he enjoyed that photo op briefing from Border Patrol in Texas yesterday showing him the tunnels (yes, plural) that have been found built under the already existing walls on portions of the Texas-Mexico border?
time.com/5499188/mcallen-residents-not-supporting-border-wall/

The only thing missing in the pic below is the drone capable of carrying someone.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 3 months ago #20471 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20472 by murphyslaw
"Traitor Toddler Trump." I love it!

Thanks for setting me straight about military pay and for providing the info about the wall and facts about main illegal entry locations.

Gave me more reason to concur that TTT is a lying scumbag.

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #20553 by HawkErrant
Well, he is Putin's Puppet...

And you know Putin still has all the documentation of their meetings, plus everything else he had on TTT BEFORE the election, starting with (or maybe as the pièce de résistance?)...

Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by HawkErrant.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20556 by murphyslaw
First time through I didn't get the translation but that woman's laugh kept me watching. Glad I stayed long enough to see the translation! Thanks for posting the latest on Putin's puppet, Sir Hawk. (Trump's love song to his creepy best bud: " I'm Your Puppet.")