Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Top prospects for the next President

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20273 by murphyslaw
seem to be men, according to what I've been reading. Curious to know what prospective candidates posters prefer in the party of their choice. I'm not starting a debate or spoiling for a fight, just wondering if the country will ever elect a woman. I like Biden but am not sure how long we would have him. (He's getting up there, but who am I to talk.) My preferences would be Elizabeth Warren with Kamila Harris as her running mate. Anyone willing to comment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 3 months ago #20276 by DocBlues
I agree with you on Biden with regards to his age, though I think he would be a good president. Warren, like Bernie, may be too liberal to be electable nationwide. It will be interesting to see what candidates emerge for the Dems as we move towards 2020. It may be that someone from the Senate comes forward. Maybe Mark Warner? Woman? Maybe Tulsi Gabbard, but she may be too liberal. Just my thoughts.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20281 by murphyslaw
And thanks for sharing them. I agree with your comments but am not familiar with the woman you mentioned.

Something strange just happened--My computer shut down automatically and when it returned to service, your post had disappeared, which is why I couldn't name the woman in your last sentence. Hmm, a beautiful cloudless, wind-free Kansas day yet it was like a lightning bolt disrupting the whole works. My son says I am cursed when it comes to modern day technology. I don't argue the point.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20288 by murphyslaw
Read up on Tulsi Gabbard and was very impressed! I admire those who question long-held beliefs. I believe it shows character.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 3 months ago #20464 by HawkErrant

murphyslaw wrote: And thanks for sharing them. I agree with your comments but am not familiar with the woman you mentioned.

Something strange just happened--My computer shut down automatically and when it returned to service, your post had disappeared, which is why I couldn't name the woman in your last sentence. Hmm, a beautiful cloudless, wind-free Kansas day yet it was like a lightning bolt disrupting the whole works. My son says I am cursed when it comes to modern day technology. I don't argue the point.

(In my best Pythonesque voice) Are you a witch?

Explanation: in the universe of Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files, the magical fields that comprise the life force of wizards and witches wreak havoc with most technology. LT Karrin Murphy (head of the Special Investigations Division of the Chicago PD) always turns off all her tech before allowing police consultant Harry Dresden (the only working wizard and licensed private detective advertised in the Chicago Yellow Pages) into her office.

To the more mundane but serious -- Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) is one very impressive person. Listened to her in an interview today, read up on her afterwards, and she has shot to the top of my list of the Democratic women -- and maybe the top of the Democrats, period -- should she declare. Still no official announcement yet. Born in Oakland, CA, Tamil Indian mom (breast cancer scientist) and Jamaican dad (economics professor at Stanford). Professional career before election to the Senate -- Deputy DA, Alameda County, CA; DA City and County of San Francisco; CA state AG.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: DocBlues, murphyslaw

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20474 by murphyslaw
I wouldn't be surprised to see Harris and Warren in the final debate. Of course, that could just be wishful thinking, and we do have a plethora (I've been waiting for a chance to use that word) of other worthy candidates.

As to being a witch, being a substitute teacher is certainly a qualification!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant