Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

No, thank you.

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #19287 by murphyslaw
Since it is impossible to opt out of the creature's emergency alert calls to ALL wireless phones October 3rd, I will conveniently forget to turn my phone on that afternoon. I get such alerts through my email service, my radio, and my TV, so there is absolutely no need for any other warnings, etc. Besides that, I've seen no reasons to trust the occupier of the Oval Office, and if hear his voice giving the message, I will surely be sick to my stomach the rest of the week. The sound or sight of liars, misogynists, racists, dictator lovers, white supremacist lovers, and those who are disgusting in general, has that effect on me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 7 months ago #19292 by HawkErrant
Link to how to avoid an unblockable Presidential alert

I remember last year, it really is obnoxiously, "made ya jump" loud.

Simple solutions --
1. Turn down or off your volume, set to buzzer only (you would think this would work)
2. Shut your phone off from 1PM-2PM on 3OCT18.

More included at the link.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #19295 by murphyslaw
Thank you for the info, Sir Hawk. Last year I had only a land line phone and wasn't aware of the "robo" call. Now that my son has dragged me into this century, I'm being subjected to unwelcome calls by you-know-who. That's progress for you.