Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Rest In Peace,

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #19156 by murphyslaw
John McCain. Thank you for being a decent human being. Some of your political views were not compatible with my own, but because it appeared that you truly loved this country and worked to uphold its integrity, I would have supported you had you become our President. It has been heartening to watch you stand up to the current Office holder. You were one of the very few brave ones with the courage to do so.

It is sad that we have lost you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 7 months ago #19159 by DocBlues
Well said, murphyslaw, and I agree 100%. I didn't share many of his political views and it took me a long time to forgive him for unleashing Sara Palin on an unsuspecting country. But, I always had great respect for him. In my view, he was a hero and true patriot.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #19160 by murphyslaw
Thank you, Doc. I read that he later regretted choosing her, and he should have!

As his many colleagues speak of their admiration and fond memories, I'm contemplating what kind of tribute would be paid to the current Office holder when he dies. "He was an honest man." Uh, no. "He loved his country more than himself." I don't theenk so. "He was fair to those of color and of different religions." Don't make me laugh. "He surrounded himself with those of impeccable character." You can't be serious! "He served his country admirably." Except for when he had bone spurs. "He wasn't a man who held grudges." I think I'm going to be sick.

Just wondering.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #19162 by DocBlues
It will take an exhaustive search to find anyone say nice things about him when he passes. He really is a loathsome man. I mean, how many people do you know that have been banned from 2 funerals and a royal wedding? He's toxic.

I'm reminded of a line from a comedy routine by Moms Mabley. She was talking about her deceased husband: "You're not supposed to say anything but good about the dead. He's dead. Good." ;)
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by DocBlues.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #19164 by murphyslaw
Perfect! I loved Moms.

More
5 years 6 months ago #19167 by boulderhawk
Doc wrote, "It will take an exhaustive search to find anyone say nice things about him when he passes."

If Trump's presidency continues to be as successful as it has, I would probably say--"A man of many flaws, but despite constant attempts to bring him down, he became one of our greatest presidents."

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #19168 by murphyslaw
Boulder, I hope you have fact checked anything that indicates success, and then balance the results with the harm he has done.
Just because he hasn't been impeached, indicted, or arrested yet does not mean he is successful. (I know, a sitting Office holder is protected largely from what anyone else would suffer. More's the pity. If lying promised impeachment, he'd have been ousted months ago. And yes, you can search 3 different non-partisan fact check sites for the number of lies he has told.)