Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

America is great again

• boulderhawk
  • boulderhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #18923 by boulderhawk
An uplifting Independence Day message from President Clinton's advisor, Dick Morris.

www.dickmorris.com/america-is-great-again-lunch-alert/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 9 months ago #18955 by murphyslaw
WHEN: We have a carefully designed plan in place for humane, compassionate immigration reform.
Immigrant children are never separated and locked away from their parents.
We show respect for our allies but do not embrace our adversaries.
There are no such things as fake news and alternative facts.
The press is never referred to by our leaders as the enemy.
There is continual and expressed respect for the FBI/Justice system.
Tolerance of people of all religions, sexual preferences, and color, is promoted by both parties.
Ignorance of the Constitution, promotion of misogyny, public statements regarding sexual prowess,
referrals to one's genitals, and incitements to violence by our leaders will not be tolerated.
Working together for the good of the Country is encouraged and practiced by both parties.
Preserving a healthy planet is of the highest priority.
The ACA, Roe vs Wade, and basic human rights will remain law and/or will be enhanced.
Sensible gun laws will be in place because children's lives are considered more important than gun owners' rights.

Fellow Libs, feel free to make additions.

More
5 years 9 months ago #18957 by Allen
Yep! America is finally GREAT again. Hopefully in my lifetime I will see the end of partial birth abortions. I would also like to see abortions performed at the earliest date instead of waiting to cause inhumane and excruciating pain to an innocent baby. If you say you care about not ripping children from parents, you must also agree with not celebrating the death of a child and the certain guilt and emotional pain the mother will have to live with for the rest of her life.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
5 years 9 months ago #18961 by murphyslaw
Out of 13 areas, you chose only one at which to take aim? Interesting, but not surprising.

Allen, I don't think it's fair for you to speak for others. Are you stating with certainty that all women who chose an abortion feel guilt and emotional pain for the rest of their lives? May I ask how many women you have counseled, worked with, known, had as friends, etc., who had the procedure? There are many reasons for a woman to be pro choice that you don't take into account, so I do wonder how much experience you've had dealing with such women.

I remember some time ago when you spoke of drug addiction, saying that in order to stay clean, alcoholics and drug addicts would have to go to AA meetings for the rest of their lives. How many addicts have you been personally acquainted with in your life that would convince you that is true?

We are not encouraged to speak of personal experience on this board, but I will tell you that, being an old bird, I have had several different careers in my life. One of them was working as a substance abuse counselor for many years in both men's and women's prisons. Without going into detail, I'll just say that the opinions you expressed about both issues are just that, opinions. They are not based upon fact.

So, please don't tell me what I must or must not do based upon your opinions.