Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Puzzling

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #14208 by murphyslaw
Despite the opinion of one or two RCB'ers that I am biased and cannot see any point of view that differs from my own, I honestly would like to know why there are still avid supporters of the current person in the Oval Office. I have wondered if I am missing something; if the Obama presidency was as bad as some Reps think; if the occupier of the presidential seat is as bad as I think; etc. etc.

Having been involved in some arbitrations, I have not been known as being rigid and unwilling to listen to all viewpoints. Hopefully I have not made an exception when it comes to politics. I am open at least to hearing what others have to say if anyone cares to present his/her side.

(Why do I keep posting with so little feedback? Why did a lone woman here in Leavenworth stand day after day in all kinds of weather holding a sign saying "PEACE" when we were about to enter into war with Iraq. I am not nearly that courageous, but we have one thing in common, and that is speaking out for what we believe.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 6 months ago #14211 by DocBlues
You ask one of the most mysterious (to me) questions of our time, murphyslaw. The current occupant of the WH has accomplished virtually nothing in nearly 10 months on the job. Sure, he has signed some executive orders that roll back policies of his successor, but he has not done much else in terms of legislation. He has played a LOT of golf, something he said he would NOT do if elected. He has implicitly supported white supremacists and neo-Nazis. He has called NFL players "sons of bitches" for using their 1st Amendment rights to protest social injustice. He has belittled and insulted members of his own party. He has attacked the free press. The list goes on. He has demonstrated that he is unqualified and unfit to be POTUS and yet folks still support him. Again, it's a mystery.

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #14225 by murphyslaw
And just when we think it can't get any worse, it manages to do so. Where's the breaking point? When do we say enough?
I watched one of his love-me, love-me-do rallies and shook my head at the hypocrisy of those booing when John McCain's name was mentioned and yet applauding the pronouncement that people just couldn't disrespect the flag, etc. McCain fought for our flag. What a shameful way to pay tribute to his heroism. Oh, I forgot. The Mongermeister prefers armed service members who are not captured.