Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Meryl Streep

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10293 by murphyslaw
We average bears have no national voice unless we combine ours with thousands of others, so I really appreciate it when a respected celebrity speaks out against a political injustice.

I do wonder what will happen when an enemy of the U.S.A. says something derogatory against the creep and it is televised. Will the despicable one tweet that the country is overrated in terms of danger to us? This is one scary, immature, thin-skinned dude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 months ago #10368 by Allen
"We average bears have no national voice unless we combine ours with thousands of others...."

We average bears have a huge national voice and we just combined it with millions of others and used it in electing Donald Trump as the POTUS!

"I do wonder what will happen when an enemy of the U.S.A. says something derogatory against the creep and it is televised."

China already told Trump to "knock off the tweeting". Trump will be the most powerful man in the world, the enemies may want to keep their derogatory comments to themselves. We send aid to all these countries who say derogatory things about the U.S. all the time! Bad idea, in my opinion.

My opinion of Meryl Streep just took a nosedive. No one truly cares about celebrity's opinions. If we did, Hillary would be POTUS......but she's not.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10374 by murphyslaw
You must not hold your choice for POTUS to a very high standard. And by the way, your choice IS a celebrity, and he has bragged about what he can do to women because of that status.

I, too, was sickened by the creep's making fun of the handicapped reporter on nationally televised television. What is amazing is that you evidently were not. The person I consider to be a political Wh*** put a spin on his actions by saying we should judge by what was in his heart. What is in his heart is personified by his actions, such as firing the man who was "in charge" of the inaugural parade for 6 different presidents and who considered the job as a way to cope with his wife's death. The consolation "prize" offered the man in return didn't make up for the heart break.

I would like to know what qualities you find in this person that make him worthy of being your president.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10383 by Allen
I am not the one who sets the standards for the President of the United States. We have a Constitution and laws that we follow to elect our leaders. If there were a "standard" test, then Obama, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton would never pass the integrity test for POTUS. They all are liars, make fun of others and are narcissists.

I do believe that Donald Trump makes spastic hand signs when referring to people he doesn't care for. I do not believe he was making fun of the reporter as the reporter's hands do not move in a spastic fashion. The reporter's disability is the inability to move his hands. Shame on those who are "using" the reporter to denigrate another person. I provided several examples of Donald moving his hands in that same fashion but you continue to fixate on the reporter, who doesn't even move his hands. If it makes you feel better to hold on to that, by all means do so.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 3 months ago #10385 by Allen
Link to articlehttp://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/01/09/meryl-streep-bashes-trump-but-applauds-pedophile.html

'It’s an accusation the president-elect has refuted over and over and over again. But if Streep has indeed become an advocate for the disabled, why didn’t she use her platform to reach out to the disabled man who was tortured live on Facebook?"

"And as Twitchy reminded us, out of all the people in that room, Miss Streep had absolutely no right to claim any moral high ground. In 2003, she gave convicted child molester Roman Polanski a standing ovation after he was awarded an Oscar at the Academy Awards. She saluted a child molester – a deviant who had sex with a 13-year-old girl after drugging her. So the next time Streep wants to get all high and mighty -- maybe she ought to just sit down and keep her mouth shut -- and spare us the self-righteous indignation."

Amen! What a hypocrite she is. But then again, she does play "make believe" for a living.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10387 by murphyslaw
She is a supremely talented actress and a beautiful blond woman. She has every right to speak out, just as each of us has, on a subject she feels strongly about, political or not.

To repeat: To repeat: She is a beautiful blond woman.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10391 by Allen
I believe that inner beauty is more important than superficial beauty. She didn't mention the disabled man who was tortured on Facebook because he was a Trump supporter. That poor man didn't fit her narrative. Shameful.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #10405 by murphyslaw
Can you back up those statements about why she didn't mention the disabled man? Making claims which cannot be proven is shameful, in my opinion.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10421 by Allen
I don't know why she chose to mention a fake incident that happened over a year ago but then did not stand up for the disabled Trump supporter who was recently tortured and humiliated on Facebook. You're right, I can't back up that claim.

Can you back up the claim that Trump was mocking a disabled reporter? Keeping in mind that Trump has denied it countless times, he has made those same spastic hand motions on several occasions going back to 2005 and the disabled reporter cannot move his hands. Looks like you are just as shameful in making a claim that cannot be proven as I am! In my opinion, of course.