Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

The rules do not apply

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10023 by murphyslaw
to the creepy one. Traditions and normally accepted policies don't apply, either. He does as he pleases and only if he benefits.

Unfortunately, not enough Republicans in power have the intestinal fortitude to keep him in check or censure his dangerous behavior, so he can--and will--continue the actions and decisions that threaten the security of our country. (John Kerry will be gone soon and won't be able to smooth over the reckless comments and dealings with other nations.)

Also, he continues to defy the Constitution regarding his business holdings. He has business dealings/properties in 11 countries!
He refuses to present information on his tax returns.
He refuses to participate in daily security briefings. (He's too busy and much too smart.)
He refuses to live in the White House. (Trump Tower, anyone?)
He continues to profit from his businesses, (Trump Tower, anyone?) with no sign this will stop once he is, shudder, in office.

He has shown us through all of the above, at least, what his general attitude is. It isn't much different from his taped conversation about what he can to women.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 months ago #10026 by Allen
Unfortunately, murphyslaw, you are visiting Fake News sites again. You may want to broaden your media horizons. I have actually heard (with my own ears) President-elect Trump dispute everything you are worrying about!

#1, President elect Trump is not even in office yet! BO is still the president. Thankfully for only a few more weeks but nevertheless, he is still the Prez. Wait to see what happens....in other words don't speculate on something that may not even happen.

Donald Trump said he would release his tax returns as soon as his audit is done. If he doesn't, then you can complain.

Donald Trump did not say he would not participate in daily security briefings. He said he didn't need to hear the same information over and over again.

Donald Trump will live in the White House! The First Lady and his young son will not until the current school year is over.

Donald Trump has repeatedly said he will turn his business over to his children.

Give the guy a chance. Good grief, let BO clear out of America's house before we start the hand wringing about President Donald J. Trump.

P.S. If an 11-yr old tape is the reason for your entire disdain of our new President-elect, you may want to realize that we all make mistakes and something we said 11 years ago may not be who we really are today.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 4 months ago #10027 by DocBlues
The IRS has said there is no reason cannot release his returns while an audit is ongoing.

Simply turning his business over to his children does NOT eliminate questions about a YUGE conflict of interest -- unless he promises not to talk to his spawn while he is POTUS.

I'll give Drumpf the same chance you regressives gave President Obama: zero.

There is so much more to his sexism than just the Entertainment Tonight tape.

Not my President. Not now. Not ever.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10030 by murphyslaw
I do not visit Fake News sites. If I suspect in the slightest degree that the information given by any media site is false, I research. I question. I am a grown up. That's what grown ups do.

The creep should stay silent about things of which he has no knowledge, i.e., the theft of the drone. The deal was done. He had no business offering an opinion when he is not yet in the position of, gag and shudder, power.

Let's see, Allen, Trump will be the oldest person ever to become President. Eleven years ago he was 'way past the age of being able to excuse or justify such language and attitudes toward women. Even senior citizens, no matter how rich, haven't the right to behave the way he has. Would you excuse him because he's a dirty old man and that's how dirty old men act?

Give him a chance? He doesn't deserve it. You've been a supporter and supposedly he got your vote. You give him a chance.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10031 by murphyslaw
Let this be our cry: NMP!!
NN!!
NE!!

Rinse and repeat.

More
7 years 4 months ago #10062 by Allen
Let this be our cry: NMP!!
NN!!
NE!!

Rinse and repeat.

Is this another action that "grown-ups" carry out? No offense, but it sounds more child-like than grown-up.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10063 by murphyslaw
No offense taken.

However, through the ages when injustices have occurred and people have rallied to protest or further a cause, there usually has been a slogan or rallying cry. I see nothing immature about using a slogan to protest this President-Elect whose character is entirely objectionable and whose ideas, comments, and beliefs are not in keeping with decent standards.

When I go to the protest rallies close to the day of Inauguration, I will be proud to chant, "NOT MY PRESIDENT! NOT NOW! NOT EVER!," or, "NMP!! NN!! NE!!"