Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Michelle Obama....

More
7 years 4 months ago #9903 by Allen
Thank you for asking, murphyslaw, but I don't think you or anyone else would be very interested in specific reasons why I was miserable for the past 8 years. No president likes to send young men and women into war. I'm sure it upsets President Obama that troops have been killed or maimed after he sent them to war. At the end of the day, the President takes responsibility for doing what they think best for our country.

I am puzzled as to why you hurled the cynical jab at me. Broadening my media source horizons? My feelings do not come from any news source, but from within. What did I say other than I knew how Doc felt when his candidate didn't win? Miserable. I'm pretty sure all of us feel that way to some degree after our candidate loses a hard-fought political battle. I don't know why my comment warranted criticism of my supposed media sources. If you watched ANY Fox News, you would soon realize that President-elect Trump does not have a lot of fans on there. I truly do not trust completely any media sources. Especially after the love-fest for Hillary this past election, FAKE News and an ABC Reporter crying when it was evident the Donald was going to win the Presidency in a landslide.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9935 by murphyslaw
I was serious in suggesting you broaden your media horizons, Allen. When researching subjects posted by the conservatives on this board, many sites if find are from Fox News. There is a certain tone to them, and often your posts remind of the wording, zeal, etc., of those sites. You have indicated you don't like Rachel Maddow, so I thought you might find unbiased reports on public television.

You often have accused me of seeing only one side of things. Actually, I believe in questioning, always questioning. That's why I trust Rachel Maddow and Joy Reed but few other news commentators. They research constantly and go back as far as necessary to get to the truth.

Eight years of being miserable is a very long time! I can't imagine that President Obama is responsible for those feelings. I could list many policies and decisions made by George W. that made me shake my head in dismay. I can't say he really had an effect on my daily life, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.