Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Let up?

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9757 by murphyslaw
I'm seeing more and more urging by the media and other sources that we just accept Trump's becoming the president and stop fighting it.

IMO, the pressure from protest rallies, letters, signs, and just letting the creep know we don't approve of him is the better way, if indeed there is one, to keep him in check.

I have no other way at the present than to keep up a barrage of letters to him. It is impossible for me to accept him or what he stands for, period, and it behooves me to let him know. Yes, I am a Democrat, but never in my long life have I failed to accept and respect a Republican who won the election. This is a first, and I wish those who feel the same way I do would keep up the good fight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rainyhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9780 by murphyslaw
Correction: I did not accept or respect GW Bush in his second term.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9782 by DocBlues
Agree 110%, Murph. Now is NOT the time to "let up." Now is the time to scrutinize everything Drumpf says and does and to put his feet to the fire when we see something objectionable. Keep writing those letters. I plan on marching when the opportunities arise and to continue my support of progressive NGO's like the ALCU, SPLC, NRDC and the Sierra Club. I simply refuse to "normalize" this nightmare that has fallen on our country.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9784 by kslib72
I'll march on Jan 21st. I will never accept this man as my POTUS. NEVER. I see this morning that the slimeball Bob Dole was in on the Taiwan call. The old fart won't live long enough to spend the millions of dollars that he's planning on making with the Taiwanese Trump Hotel. Goodness we are surrounded by evil people. I hope there is a hell and they all go there.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9788 by Kong
I belong to two of the four NGOs you mentioned.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 4 months ago #9791 by Kong
I think they are saying accept him as the winner of the election. I don't think they mean to give him a free pass. As I said, I think the best course of action is to support him when he is right and oppose him when he is wrong.

I have been to inaugural balls for the last 5 Presidents (Yes going back to Reagan), but I am passing on this one. I would have passed on Hillary tickets too (Went to Bill's). The guy sickens me, but he is our President.

Do what you got to do Murphy. If the goal is to remind him that he was not supported and you don't agree with his policies have at it. (no this is not some sort of granting you permission, just an acknowledgement of your cause)

I will say that the Democrats have already started talking about blocking him at every turn. A practice they found reprehensible by the Republicans. I guess the point is that both sides would have been upset by the outcome and were going to fight it no matter what. Just an observation.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 4 months ago #9793 by DocBlues
Where's your evidence that Democrats are going "block him at every turn?" Could you provide a reputable source for this, please?

More
7 years 4 months ago #9794 by boulderhawk
You consider Bob Dole a slime ball? Why?

More
7 years 4 months ago #9798 by Kong
I think it was credited to Shumer. Going back I can't ind the direct quote I am looking for just modified positions of fighting some of the Cabinet picks, which is a reasonable position and probably should be done for some of them.

I did find this from Ellison that is more in lie with what I recalled for Shumer. He is in line to be the DNC so it carries some weight.
dailycaller.com/2016/12/03/dem-rep-ellis...vote-no-under-trump/

I found a ton of opinion pieces saying that the Dems should do that, but they were just opinion pieces and don't carry a great deal of weight for me.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 4 months ago #9803 by DocBlues
Thanks for your response.