Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

possible appointees to Trump's cabinet

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9331 by murphyslaw
Oh, my. If anyone thought Trump would change his rigid stance on immigration, a woman's right to choose, etc., they may not have realized that Jeff Sessions and Laura Ingraham would be considered as cabinet members.

Many of us lived through or at least remember the days before Roe vs Wade. Many of us were single parents who absolutely had to work and who had no suitable relative or trusted friend to care for our children. Many of us held jobs that were traditionally held by men, and we struggled to be recognized as at least competent.

Today, many of us may have Muslim and/or Mexican friends whose future as American residents is in
jeopardy, with the promise of entire families being deported by the thousands. There have been hints about the efficacy of the Japanese-American internment camps.

Today, we watch helplessly as the country threatens to regress and we are in danger of relinquishing the rights we once had.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9333 by DocBlues
The names I'm hearing being tossed around reads like a Who's Who of right-wing ideologues. Something that made me laugh out loud was Ben Carson turning down the Secretary of Education job because he said he didn't have enough governmental experience. Why didn't that thought cross his feeble mind when he was running for President? Rudy Guiiani as Secretary of State? Like we are not already the laughing stock of the world! I guess an unfit and unqualified cabinet is befitting a POTUS with those same qualities.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9334 by murphyslaw
Maybe he figures if he names to cabinet posts those who are truly unfit, then anything that goes wrong--and plenty will--during his (gag) presidency will be blamed on the flaming, not to mention unqualified, ideologists. As I recall, he refuses to take responsibility for, well, anything that makes him look bad.

I think it's sickeningly amusing that Cruz, Romney, and others who've called him a pathological liar, a fake, a con artist, etc., are now vying for a place beside him. Any port in a storm?

More
7 years 5 months ago #9335 by DocBlues
I just heard that Jeff Sessions has been offered the position of Attorney General in the Drumpf administration. In 1986, St. Raygun put Sessions up for a federal judgeship. He was not confirmed because of his racist views, one of only a handful of individuals to be denied such a position by the Senate in the history of the nation. I find the possibility of Sessions being AG very disturbing.

Breaking news: Drumpf has offered Mike Pompeo the position of CIA director. Good grief.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9338 by murphyslaw
Mike Pompeo? Just what we needed in the Federal Government, a Kansas tea partier.

The new game in TrumpTown: How Low Can We Go?

More
7 years 5 months ago #9341 by kslib72
Trump and his band of criminals and left over teabaggers are going to cost this country billions in court fines and fees. He's taking a group of Kansas bozos that as we all know, have cost our state millions of dollars. The only good thing is we don't have to listen to these jerks on a local level. Brownback as Ag Secretary is hysterical. All of you farming fools that voted him in can now shudder at that thought of him controlling more of your income. Can you say "I need to find a job"? You voted him in, you get to pay the price with the rest of us.