Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

President-elect Trump

• Allen
  • Allen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9194 by Allen
I understand completely how Hillary supporters feel. I felt the same way 4 and 8 years ago when Obama won. It had nothing to do with the color of his skin, racism or hate. I was worried about Obamacare. I was worried about the Supreme Court. I was worried about a lot of things that are important to me. Obama made fun of us and didn't seem to want to be our President. I understand how Hillary or Bernie supporters are in complete shock. You expected Hillary to win. You predicted her to win at least 4 years ago. You said what a great president she would be.

As I have said many times, Trump was not my first choice. We have a great system here in America that has worked for over 200 years. He was elected by the people of America and like it or not, he is our President.

I find it quite ironic that a few short weeks ago, Trump was heavily criticized for saying he "may not" accept the election results. How can it be anything but hypocritical now when thousands are not supporting the election results?

Change is what America needs right now and change is what we voted for and hopefully change is what we will get!

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosie19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 5 months ago #9204 by murphyslaw
You were worried about The Affordable Care Act? Don't you remember when you posted comments about the plight of some dear friends who couldn't afford insurance, and you asked who knew how they could get "Obamacare?" I had posted that my daughter and son-in-law obtained coverage for $85 a month. After your post asking for information, I replied that they got the application in by the due date. There was no further reply from you.

So you want changes? Do you believe Trump--who was elected by the Electoral College, by the way, and possibly not by the popular vote--will support OCR's continued investigations into the handling of sexual violence and harassment complaints by our universities, colleges, and public schools? (OCR=U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.) Sadly, KU, K-State, and Washburn are on the list . K-State and KU have two cases being investigated. I fear that a man who is being charged with rape and who has made so many derogatory sexual comments and actions toward women will try to make changes regarding the OCR's responsibilities. I remember that you do have a daughter. If she or a granddaughter were sexually assaulted, how would you want it handled, regardless of where it happened?

How do you feel about all the sexual assault allegations against the man you are defending?

By the way, the main criticism was about TRUMP indicating he might not accept it if Clinton won, not the American people.

And, you said Obama made fun of "us," and didn't seem to want to be "our" president. Please explain.

Finally, Trump does not represent my values, beliefs, hopes, dreams, morals, or sensibilities; therefore, I do not consider him MY president. Put that in your conservative, Trump-defending pipe and smoke it. (Cough, cough)

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9208 by Allen
Of course I remember our conversation about the Affordable Care Act. When it first came out it was good and I know people who bought the insurance (they also had no choice). Now I still know people who have the insurance (because they have no choice). My cousins are self-employed. They have 3 small children. They pay $1,000.00 a month in premiums. The deductible is $6,000.00 After the deductible the insurance will pay "covered" charges at 50/50. I know that does sound like great insurance.

Another friend who is a single mother of 3 young children makes $280.00 a week working part time. She doesn't qualify for any subsidies or Medicaid as she makes too much! Her premium for 2016 is $235.00 a month. The same plan in 2017 will be $435.00. How should she pay for that?

Are there still premiums out there for $85 a month? I don't know but not for the people I know. My director just got laid off due to the buy-out of our company. He will have to buy Obama care for over $1,000 a month. And he is unemployed now! I really should quit calling it Obama Care and it's certainly not Affordable Care. What should I call it?

If I remember correctly, you used to be a teacher. Do you remember Civics class? The election of the President is not a popularity contest!. Why would you even question or say this? "... Trump--who was elected by the Electoral College, by the way, and possibly not by the popular vote--..."???

I have no doubt Hillary will win the Popular Vote. She will probably get more votes than there are people in the US!!! That's because the dead normally vote Democrat! No ID's to worry about and voting 2, 3, 4, or up to 20 times is encouraged in the Democratic party! Want to cheat to get your candidate elected? Give the candidate the questions BEFORE the debate so she can come up with a great answer "spur of the moment". Then have the head of the DNC LIE in front of the world and everyone knows she lied. The evidence was right there but she continued to lie and act shocked that anyone would question her!

Refresher in Civics Lesson from 2000.

How the Constitution says we vote and count!

"We're looking now at states' rights and powers, not to mention local powers, which are right in the bedrock of the Constitution. Also, the Electoral College and how we elect a president. Those are the things teachers and students should be thinking about."

Finally, I feel the same way about allegations against Trump as you did the allegations against Hillary. Nothing has been proven yet. The Republicans gave Hillary a pass so Obama won't have to give her any pardon! Right? Or should he, just in case???

President elect Trump will be our President in January. If you don't like it, I'm sorry but there's not much you can do about it. It will happen.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 5 months ago #9218 by murphyslaw
There was speculation, of which I haven't seen proof, that Clinton may have won the popular vote, i.e., more actual votes than Trump. Trump won the Electoral College vote.

As to civics, you assumed facts not in evidence about my teaching, so all your work was for naught. My teaching was not in a classroom, such as history, etc., so I never taught civics, nor did I ever take a civics class. Kansas history was thoroughly covered in my early education, however.

In my area of teaching, here is what was promoted: Civility, with the idea that each student, no matter the background, ethnicity, or talent, was treated with the same caring and attention. Working together for a common goal, which would produce wonderful results. Pride in what we did, how we presented ourselves, and the attainment of both self-respect and the respect of the community.

My job not only was to enhance the skills and develop the talents of my students, it was to strongly encourage their living up to high standards of decency.

I want my president to reflect such ideals, and it is my right to protest when I believe he does not and will not.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9220 by Allen
Again.....I have no doubt that Clinton will win the popularity contest. There is widespread speculation and also a bit of proof that dead people vote overwhelming for the candidate with the "D" by their name. As do felons and illegals. Since some states don't require an ID to vote, we will never know if those votes are legitimate or not. We also don't know how many votes were cast multiple times by the same person!

You never took Civics class? Government class? How about Constitution class? I loved those subjects in high school. I didn't know one could graduate without them. Oh well, I'm happy I did take them. I understand why our founders wanted the electoral college. If we didn't have that, Trump & Clinton could have camped out in Texas, California, New York, Illinois and Florida. They could have promised them whatever they wanted. And they would probably win the popular vote depending on how many promises they made. After a few years of keeping those promises for votes, the states with low population would have NO say in our government. What a sad day that would be for Kansas, Hawaii, Montana, Idaho, Alaska......and all the other rural states with a small population.

I agree with your teachings. This is good advice. Too bad that those (some of them anyway) don't follow this advice with President elect Trump. Give him a chance! You may end up approving what he does. Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Gays Asians, Straight all voted for Trump! Quit saying their vote isn't legit!

Civility, with the idea that each student, no matter the background, ethnicity, or talent, was treated with the same caring and attention. Working together for a common goal, which would produce wonderful results. Pride in what we did, how we presented ourselves, and the attainment of both self-respect and the respect of the community.

Those out in the streets ranting need to follow this advice and become proud Americans instead of thugs with hateful and demeaning comments and violent actions. We all get it.....they don't like the outcome. Its time for Hillary or President Obama to ask them to be Americans and get out of the streets and support our new President. They should help a homeless person, help a vet, help a single mother.....anything. Make a difference instead of a continuous noise. Don't they realize the rioting and protesting is disrupting the lives of those who voted for Hillary. Look where all the protests are....counties won by Hillary. New Yorkers picked Hillary and now they have to deal with added traffic and congestion and unable to get to their work or homes.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9221 by murphyslaw
Geez, Louise! The election results were legit; no one is saying otherwise. With all your government classes, do you not understand that there is a difference between the Electoral College and the popular vote?

As to the thugs participating in the protests, the reports I've read say they are the same type people who always show up when there is a huge rally as an excuse to be violent and destructive. Also, there are plans to have a protest rally in Topeka. Lawrence had a rally last night. Trump took Kansas. You should know that. Your comments about the rallies being held in areas which were pro-Clinton are not entirely true.

Voter fraud? Take the time to research that. Again, facts not in evidence. Just because Trump kept yelling about such examples shouldn't mean you should believe them. PLEASE research NON-PARTISAN sites--and they are out there--before you make such claims.

I think informed voters, no matter their politics, want to know the truth and do the proper research so they can make sure their decisions are based upon facts.

Finally, psychiatrists say a person doesn't change for the better after becoming president; their personalities manifest themselves even more dangerously. Do the research before you tell me to give him a chance. Hopefully, the protests will make a positive difference in the way he handles the presidency.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9225 by Allen
Of course I understand how our Presidents are chosen. You pointed out at least twice that Hillary won the popular vote. That is not how America chooses their president.

Last time I looked at a map showing election results, Lawrence was "blue". In fact, the only blue county in Kansas was Douglas. Since Topeka is only 15 minutes a way, doesn't it make sense there are a lot of "blue" voters in Topeka, Wichita and Kansas City too?

There has been on-going voter fraud with dead people voting for the Democrat on the ballot. I have posted the evidence many times over the years. In 2012, I posted evidence of the election worker who voted for Obama 5 times as she was worried he wouldn't get re-elected. She was arrested.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Trump is not the norm. It doesn't really matter what Psychiatrists say about other people, Trump has surprised many. The pundits, pollsters and exit vote takers all got it wrong concerning Trump. I think we should wait and see. I wouldn't count on the Hillary supporters changing President-elect Trump's mind on anything. But, who knows? He might!

More
7 years 5 months ago #9231 by DocBlues
The only change we got was the POTUS. The voters sent just about all of their Congressional representatives and Senators back to D.C. So much for all that empty talk about "draining the swamp."