Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

It was going to be a sad day no matter what...

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #9130 by Kong
We now have this disgusting individual as our President Elect. There really isn't any words to describe my disdain for either of those candidates, but some thoughts none the less.

Hillary Clinton was probably the only candidate that Trump could have beat. That is actually an amazing thing coming from me, since 6 years ago I said that whenever Hillary decided to run, she would be our next President. Not because I liked her, I didn't and clearly still don't. But I figured on the heels of the first African American President, a woman would take it based largely on gender alone, but add to it the Clinton branding and I though, back then, that it would be a landslide. But never underestimate a horrible person. They can do more damage to themselves than anyone else could. And she did.

To think that Trump will be our President makes me gag every time I think about it. What a vomitous individual! His winning with all his vile divisive comments to pretty much every segment of this country just goes to show how horrid the opposition was and how far the nation has fallen to put him up as an alternative. This will be the first Inaugural Ball I will miss in a long time as I am not about to go see that piece of garbage celebrate.

But there are winners in this. (Hard to believe, I know). In the long run, the Hispanics I think will benefit. Not under Trump, but in the next election. They didn't waste their vote by voting with the party that was taking them for granted. Large numbers of them broke from the Democrats and voted third party. By doing this, they made the statement I was saying needed to be made. That if you put up a horrible candidate you can not assume our vote. I wish everybody on both sides of the aisle had done this as that would have forced both parties to put up viable candidates, but they didn't. So the next election, the Democrats will put up someone who actually listens to them and they just gained enormous power within their party. On top of which, my personal opinion is they did the morally right thing.

As far as Hillary goes, I find it fitting that one of her last acts of the campaign was to lie. Send Podesta out to say it ain't over they will watch it all night and then turn around within minutes and call Trump to concede.

As despicable as Trump is, I will say the same thing that I have said with every President. You don't have to like the guy, you can even hate him, but the office of President deserves our respect and we should support him when he is right and oppose him when he is wrong.

Lord help us

Visualize Whirled Peas
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Kong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BadgerHawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.