Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Political yard signs

More
7 years 5 months ago #9093 by murphyslaw
It is telling that you said you apologized "when I felt offended, etc., " which to me is the same as saying, "I'm sorry you feel that way."
You don't see yourself as condescending, but that doesn't prove you aren't.

As to what I took to be the gist of your post, I made no comment whatsoever about KSLIB's post. In my post to Allen, I expressed my "viewpoints," but which were based upon years of interaction with her on the political board. I don't see those comments as "gross disrespect." I don't know how long you've been reading the political board posts, so you may not have all the information you need to make such a judgment.

Also, The reply I made to you about whether or not you were speaking as a moderator had nothing to do with the content of KSLIB's post. It was a sincere question, and you answered it; however, it seemed that you had appointed yourself as the moral compass of the board by what I saw as shaming, rather than just expressing your opinion. (Until her last post, neither of us knew the backstory. That neither condones nor condemns, it is just a comment.)

Finally, I see that the last few sentences of your post were angry and sarcastic. What rules were you following? (A bit of my own sarcasm.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9094 by Kong
It seems that no matter what I say, you will find a way to be offended.

"which to me is the same as saying, "I'm sorry you feel that way.""

That is your mis-interpretation of my comment. I meant that I was sorry that I offended you as it wasn't my intent to do so.

I am not trying to prove anything nor be anyone's moral compass. I was expressing my views that we should ALL be more civil to one another. I was not angry at all, nor am I now. Sarcastic... yes. Almost always. You implied that it was okay to be rude and crude towards a poster if they gave as good as they got. You give as good as you get, so I asked you if that meant that it would be okay to treat you the same way KSLIB treated Allen.

I really don't care about the past. I don't care if people dislike or like one another. I don't post nearly as much as I used to on any boards, because of all the childish bickering. It seems one can ever express their view without it turning personal, dredging up the past and ignoring whatever point is being made.. If we are going to go by the past, then we are nothing more that the Hadfields and McCoys forever bickering without really knowing why we are bickering other than we always have. Why not move on and try to be more civil? Don't you think that would be better than constantly bickering?

I have a relative that always complains and fights about everything. She is only happy when she and everyone else is miserable. It gets old and tiresome. Even when she is right about something it becomes lost in the negative bickering. She chooses to be that way. I don't get it. Never have, never will. We all have a choice. We can continue to attacking one another personally and have our message lost except to ourselves, or try, just a modicum of civility and see if perhaps that might actually bring about a valid discussion as opposed to "I am right, you are stupid" types of positions.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 5 months ago #9095 by murphyslaw
Whatever, Kong. Neither of us are making inroads with each other regarding our posts, our interpretations, or our viewpoints. So be it.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #9096 by Kong
So, am I to take it that you don't want things to be more civil? You never answered any of the questions, so I am still at a loss as to whether or not you think it is okay to attack someone the way KSLIB did.

Either you accept that what KSLIB did was okay and you found no offense to the manner in which they attacked Allen and rationalize it based upon the past transgressions you have seen, or it was not okay to be that rude to another poster no matter their beliefs. If the former, then that makes you fair game for crude and offensive remarks, since you give as good as you get. If the latter, why not just say so. Say that it was inappropriate no matter the other persons beliefs and past transgressions.

Or you can ignore the issue and give me another "whatever Kong" and basically say that you don't care about civility as long as the rudeness isn't directed towards you.

Visualize Whirled Peas
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Kong.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9097 by murphyslaw
I have ended the engagement with you. Take it however you wish.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #9098 by Kong
The engagement is over? Just curious, which one of us proposed? I am going to have to cancel all the plans now.

Not certain why you are upset. I am not, but so be it. I didn't think the questions were all that difficult.

I will take it how it is presented, nothing more.

Visualize Whirled Peas
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Kong.

• boulderhawk
  • boulderhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #10028 by boulderhawk
Doc wrote: "This happened yesterday in Greenville, MS. A black church torched and "Vote Trump" spray painted on it."

wreg.com/2016/12/21/mississippi-authorit...ted-with-vote-trump/

From the article:

Mississippi authorities have made an arrest in the burning of an African-American church spray-painted with the words, "Vote Trump." The suspect, Andrew McClinton, is African-American.

www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2016/12...ch-burning/93282352/

State law enforcement officials say a member of the Greenville church that was burned and vandalized with "Vote Trump" in spray paint is in custody for the Nov. 1 crime.

More
7 years 4 months ago #10061 by Allen
Another situation......verbally assaulting Ivanka and her children because of their father/grandfather? I will never understand all the hatred. This is sad, in my opinion.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump