Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Basket of Deplorables ???

• Allen
  • Allen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8761 by Allen
What a mean spirited and nasty thing for her to say about those who do not support her! And she has no proof to back up her rhetoric.

Elitism and generalizations
"Clinton's remarks, like Obama's in 2008, smacked of liberal elitism — liberals talking to liberals about a group of people they don't really know or hang out with, but feel free to opine about when talking to each other."

NPR Link

"The biggest problem in Clinton's statement is that she said "half" of Trump supporters are racists, xenophobes and otherwise bigots. Half means equal or near-equal parts. There's no data to support such a specific number."

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 7 months ago #8763 by murphyslaw
I'm glad she apologized for those remarks. They were uncalled for and definitely unsuitable.

(But by the way, when did you start thinking one had to have proof to back up one's rhetoric???)

More
7 years 7 months ago #8765 by kslib72
What a load...poor racists fools. You know the same people that shout "Hang the bitch" at Trump rallies. The same people that were too stupid to figure out that cb radios can be heard by anyone...the ones that spoke about Obama and yelled "kill the igger". These are the people that had their feelings hurt.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8766 by Kong
Or this more of the same shrill rhetoric that proclaimed that anyone who disliked Obama was racist?

Look, there are idiots and deplorable people of all walks of life. There are bigots in both parties. There are idiots in both parties. That is not an excuse, that is just a very sad fact about society.

They should be shouted down and kicked to the curb, no doubt about it.

I do find it interesting that most Americans cannot stand either of these two candidates. But the difference between the two parties, well on difference, is that many Republicans have openly stated their dislike for Trump. Can't really name any Democrats saying similar things about their horrid dung heap of a candidate.

But I did like this line of yours, "The same people that were too stupid to figure out that cb radios can be heard by anyone.." Sort of like a Presidential candidate that is too stupid to know what classified information is or that a private server is insecure at best.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 7 months ago #8772 by DocBlues
I wish HRC would have chosen her words more carefully. The fact remains that virtually all white supremacist groups in this country have publicly stated their support for Drumpf. I don't see much difference between HRC's remark and Don the Con saying how much he likes all his uneducated supporters or when he portrayed all undocumented migrants as "rapists and drug dealers."

More
7 years 7 months ago #8775 by DocBlues
I don't believe that any thinking person would suggest that ALL of the dislike for President Obama is racially motivated. Similarly, it would be way off base for anyone to believe that none of it is racially based. If you don't think that a significant number of Obama haters are driven by racism, you are not paying attention.

Maybe the reason Democrats are not distancing themselves from HRC the way the Republican's are fleeing the Drumpf campaign is because they see her as a better candidate, warts and all? Drumpf is unfit and completely unqualified to be POTUS; thinking Republicans know this.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8776 by Kong
"I don't believe that any thinking person would suggest that ALL of the dislike for President Obama is racially motivated. Similarly, it would be way off base for anyone to believe that none of it is racially based. If you don't think that a significant number of Obama haters are driven by racism, you are not paying attention."

That is exactly the point Doc. And you just did it again. You brush the criticism away by pulling the race card. I have routinely said that some of it was racially motivated. Just like I have routinely said that some of his support is racially motivated. Neither of those positions are right, but dismissing the criticism or support based on those that are ignorant is wrong. And then only playing the race card when Obama was criticized is detrimental to having real discussion on the issues and only goes to fuel racial tension.

"Maybe the reason Democrats are not distancing themselves from HRC the way the Republican's are fleeing the Drumpf campaign is because they see her as a better candidate, warts and all? Drumpf is unfit and completely unqualified to be POTUS; thinking Republicans know this."

Maybe the reason thinking Democrats are not distancing themselves from Clinton is that they place party over morality and the country. Thinking Republicans know that Trump is not fit, thinking Democrats don't care that Hillary is unfit.

Both are a blight upon this country and stains upon humanity

Visualize Whirled Peas