Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Suppressing the vote!

• Allen
  • Allen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8748 by Allen
The Democrats want to suppress the vote in Minnesota. There are a lot of minorities in the twin cities. Shame on the Democrats for trying to disenfranchise voters!

“Donald Trump got on our ballot fair and square, and it is outrageous that the Democrat Party would actually try to rig the election this way,” party chairman Keith Downey said in a statement. “It sure smells bad when the Democrat Party petitions the Democrat Secretary of State [Steven Simon] to remove the Republican candidate from the presidential ballot. With Mr. Trump gaining strength every day and Hillary Clinton tanking in the polls, it appears Minnesota Democrats are very worried.”

Link

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 7 months ago #8751 by DocBlues
The Drumpf campaign in Minnesota failed to follow established procedures in getting his name on the ballot. Voter suppression of minorities? Think about it. Why would the Dems want to suppress the vote of groups that HEAVILY vote Democratic? Why would they even NEED to suppress the vote in a state that Drumpf has absolutely NO chance of winning? This, as usual, is utter nonsense.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8754 by Allen
I can't believe you are denying people the right to vote because you don't think Trump will win anyway. Maybe Republicans are in the minority in Minnesota. You think they should be denied their constitutional right to vote because of a technicality they have no control over? I realize that some minorities don't realize that they are in worse shape where Democrats are in charge (Detroit), but maybe this year will be different. It certainly has been an odd race so far!

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

More
7 years 7 months ago #8755 by boulderhawk
Doc wrote, "Why would they even NEED to suppress the vote in a state that Drumpf has absolutely NO chance of winning? "

Real Clear Politics has Minnesota as a Hillary lean, with no poll done there since April. If Trump's current momentum continues, Minnesota could be in play.

www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/pr...ral_college_map.html

Then Doc wrote, "The Drumpf campaign in Minnesota failed to follow established procedures in getting his name on the ballot."

Do you think that one of the two major parties' candidate should be left off the ballot due to a technicality? Wouldn't that suppress the vote of many citizens, even if the state wasn't in-play?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allen

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8759 by Allen
Apparently, its okay to suppress Republican votes. My dad, who lives in Rochester, MN will be very upset if he is not given a choice to vote between Hillary or the Donald! I don't know who he will vote for, but I'm pretty sure it will be one of those two. And I'm guessing it won't be Hillary as he can't stand the corruption that follows her around. We lived in Arkansas when Bill was Governor. He hasn't like Hillary since then.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8768 by DocBlues
I strongly believe that Don the Con SHOULD be on the Minnesota ballot. The suit by the Minnesota Dems is going nowhere, The Dems and anyone with half a brain know that. This is simply a move to kick some dirt on the Drumpf campaign. Politics. Nothing more.

Minnesota is a Hillary "lean?" Nate Silver gives HRC an 81.2% chance of winning Minnesota. I'd say that's a helluva lot more than a "lean."

More
7 years 7 months ago #8770 by DocBlues
I didn't say it was OK to suppress votes., I think both candidates should be on the MN ballot. My objection to your post was your nonsensical suggestion that this was an attempt by the Dems to suppress minority voting.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8777 by Allen
The Democrats want to suppress the vote in Minnesota. There are a lot of minorities in the twin cities. Shame on the Democrats for trying to disenfranchise voters!

Actually, it was just a comment I added that was really unnecessary. I wasn't suggesting anything. (nonsensical or not) There are a lot of minorities in the twin cities and Rochester. They come from all over the world to Mayo Clinic. Some of them stay and become citizens.