Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Venting about these two stains on humanity...

More
7 years 7 months ago #8741 by Kong
I cannot fathom how anyone can defend either of these two horrid people. As I have said before, the fact that neither party can produce a candidate even slightly worthy of our vote is pathetic.

It amazes me that every time either one of these absurd caricatures goes on TV, their ratings seem to drop. That is how horrid they are. They open their mouths and people dislike them more. It is ironic that a likely winning campaign might be to not campaign!

The sad fact is that the majority of Americans have bought in to the concept that we MUST choose between these two stains. So when independents go to the poles, when disgruntled Democrats go to the poles, when disgruntled Republicans go to the poles, rather than truly making a statement about their disgust in what these two parties have put forth, they will elect one of them.

Even if Johnson were to win, which he won't. It could not possibly be worse than having one of those two in the office. I do not see how anyone in good conscience can vote for either of them. I can't see how anyone can possibly believe either of them are worthy of their vote.

I am not a big fan of Johnson, but when he answered the question of having a gun to his head and having to pick one of the other two and he said he would take the bullet, he was right.

Visualize Whirled Peas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 7 months ago #8758 by murphyslaw
Do you know how many accomplishments Hillary Clinton has made in her lifetime which are beneficial to Americans?

Out of 14 major accomplishments I found, either by proposals, spearheading, introducing bills, activism, or being instrumental in their creation, only one is hated by conservatives: Laying the ground for the healthcare system we have today.

I do not understand this blind hatred for a woman who has done so much for our country. A stain on humanity? In what way?

Would you please tell me why you hate her so much, and also what you fear she will do as President which would be so detrimental to America.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8764 by Kong
I haven't been on here in a while, but searched some of your posts to see where you are coming from. You have routinely declared your admiration for her. You proclaim accomplishments, but don't list them.

You ignore her lies. You claim she is pro women rights yet ignore her attempts to destroy the women who did nothing more than tell the truth about her husbands dalliances. You proclaim she hasn't lied about her emails, when overwhelming evidence states the contrary. You seem to gloss over Whitewater, shady business deals, Travel gate, her lies about Benghazi, etc. etc.

This is a person with no moral compass that I can see. Her entire career has been filled with one set of lies after another. You claim she has done things that are beneficial to Americans, I can think of none. I can tell you that she has flipped her position as quickly as the wind changes and therefor can claim to be on the right side of anything. Who chooses to lie rather than simply tell the truth even when the truth is not damaging. Who by all accounts is horrible to people around her.

It goes on and on and on...

But as I said much earlier, people who support her will call attacks unfounded and not believe them.

Let me ask you this. When asked to turn over the emails, they destroyed emails rather than comply. Why?

When asked to turn over records in Travel gate, they denied have anything to do with it. After so much time, they just happened to be on the kitchen table? How does that happen?

When asked about her whole email server and emails, they denied, delayed, destroyed and you are left with one of two conclusions... She is either totally and completely incompetent or she is a massive liar. Either way, this is a horrible candidate.

For the record, I could go on and on about Trump too.

They both disgust me and people like them are stains upon humanity.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: BadgerHawk

More
7 years 7 months ago #8779 by murphyslaw
While I admire the profundity of your posts, I detected hints of your chiding me as if understanding the real issues is beyond my capabilities.

Nevertheless, here are Hillary's greatest accomplishments. Since linking IS beyond my capability, I have typed them, all the while wondering why those who hate the woman have not researched them instead of accepting only what they've been told for years.

1. Instrumental in securing over 21 billion dollars in funding for World Trade Center redevelopment.
2, Played a leading role in he investigation of health consequences of first responders, and drafted the first bill to compensate and offer health services our first responders deserve. (Her successor in the Senate, Kirsten Gillibrand, passed the bill.)
3. Played a leading role in developing the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
4. Instrumental in the creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act and Foster Care Independence Act.
5. Successfully fought to increase funding for prostate cancer and asthma at the National Institute of Health.
6. Spearheaded investigations into mental illness plaguing Gulf War veterans--now called Gulf War Syndrome.
7. At the Department of Justice, helped create the office on Violence Against Women.
8. Instrumental in working out a bi-partisan compromise to address civil liberty abuses for renewal of the U.S. Patriot Act.
9. Proposed a revival of the New Deal-era Home Owners' Loan Corporation to help homeowners refinance mortgages in the wake of the 2008 financial disaster.
10. A major proponent of sensible diplomacy which brought about ceasefire between Hamas and Israel.
11. Oversaw trade agreements with allies such as Panama, Colombia, and South Korea.
12. The Clinton Foundation has improved living conditions for nearly 400 million people in over 100 countries through its initiative program.
13. Activism on behalf of women and children across the world, and for raising the minimum wage plus combating climate change.
14. Laid the ground for the healthcare plan we have today. (The only achievement hated by conservatives?)

More
7 years 7 months ago #8780 by Kong
I certainly did not intend any. IT may be that you are reading tone in to my posts or I had poor choices in terminology, but I assure you that non was intended.

My point about not being able to convince you or show you, is that as I said a while ago, people for her will ignore anything to the contrary.

I do appreciate your list but note that many of those are not really beneficial to Americans. (#1 and #2 for instance are good, but only relevant locally)

I noted at the time her US Patriot Act work as good.

Many others are certainly debatable as to whether or not they were good or not.

But let's say that I agree that all 14 points were good and commendable, which I am not. How long has she been in office and that is it? Now compare that to all the lying, obfuscation, attacks on women, lives lost under her watch, etc. Add to it her complete incompetence and lack of any moral compass and I stand by my comments. Those 14 are not worth the disgusting behavior of a lifetime.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 7 months ago #8781 by murphyslaw
#1 and #2 are not beneficial to Americans? Weren't those killed Americans, local or not?

How much research have you done regarding whether any or all of the claims against her were true or not? I was looking for those answers when I found those 14 accomplishments. (And, yes,they are from her lifetime.) Having been accused of blindly accepting and liking her, I felt it was my duty to look into the claims. I have heard no evidence from the conservatives on this Board that they have done any such research. Why not?

Please don't accuse me of having blind faith in her if you haven't bothered to check out non-partisan, non-biased sites regarding the truth as I have.

So you are not impressed by the list. So be it.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8782 by Allen
Conservatives do not hate the health care system. Where is your proof of that? They have tried to repeal it as it is not a great system. Sure, it has helped a lot of people but it has hurt a lot of people too. Why can't we work on a system that will help all and NOT hurt anyone? If you were one the Americans who had to pay over $700 a month in health care premiums you would want Republicans to repeal it.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 7 months ago #8783 by Kong
"#1 and #2 are not beneficial to Americans? Weren't those killed Americans, local or not?"

So if I support a program that reaps rewards to the KKK, I could claim that as a beneficial program for Americans. They are after all Americans.

"Please don't accuse me of having blind faith in her if you haven't bothered to check out non-partisan, non-biased sites regarding the truth as I have."

Who is chiding who now. You are assuming that I have not done my homework. The woman is a stain. You support and and have expressed admiration for her. You have ignored facts presented showing her lies, her abuse of other women to protect her own ambitions and her husband, etc. Like I said, those that like her will ignore anything to the contrary.

I have recognized the very very few things she has done that I agree with, but they are so far and few between that I do not feel they over come all the disgusting behavior she has exhibited throughout her adult public life.

"I have heard no evidence from the conservatives on this Board that they have done any such research. Why not?"

Who cares about the conservatives on this board? Why does it matter whether they have done some soul searching or not. The question in play is whether or not Hillary is a stain on humanity. You provide 14 debatable points as to her goodness. (one of which I have stated was good, and did so at the time to others. I guess even a blind squirrel can find a nut) The lifetime of lies, deceit, and corruption out weigh that, in my opinion.

"So you are not impressed by the list. So be it."

So you are unimpressed by Hillary's disgusting behavior. So be it

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 7 months ago #8787 by murphyslaw
I agree with one thing you said: "Who cares about the conservatives on this board?"

More
7 years 7 months ago #8790 by DocBlues
Increases in health care premiums are the result of the greed of insurance companies and NOT the ACA.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8791 by kslib72
People that pay 700 a month in premiums under the ACA fall into 2 categories 1. they enroll in plans that are considered the Cadillac plans. Plans that pay top dollar amounts for everything, office visits, prescription drugs, labs, xrays, major medical. These come with the lowest deductibles and copays. 2. They make too much money to qualify for cheaper plans.

Then you have states like Kansas that refused to participate. States ran by total morons.

Next not enough young, healthy people have enrolled. Insurance depends on having large numbers of healthy members that do not use the plans. These people off set the older, sicker farts like myself. .

More
7 years 6 months ago #8909 by BadgerHawk

Allen wrote: Why can't we work on a system that will help all and NOT hurt anyone?

You mean a single payer system that covers everyone equally like most of the industrialized world has? :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kslib72