Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Republicans in Congress

• kslib72
  • kslib72's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 7 months ago #8724 by kslib72
I heard this morning that the main goal for GOP members in Congress is to make sure that NOTHING Obama wants get passed. What a group of crummy Americans. Worthless to the core.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 7 months ago #8725 by murphyslaw
At least they're consistent! Their goals haven't changed one iota since he took office--or maybe from the moment they knew he'd be President.

What I really can't figure out is why much of the news media is so silent on this. Other than Rachel and one or two more on MSNBC, have any other news programs broadcast information on this shameful issue? It's not like it is a secret.

What kind of country are we living in, anyway? When Republicans can get away with this, and when we have a Donald Trump as their nominee for President, one wonders what the heck has happened to America, let alone the two-party system.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8731 by DocBlues
This really comes as no surprise. The Rethugs vowed to make Obama a "one term president" even before he was sworn in. They have obstructed him at every turn, while failing to do much of anything. No jobs bill. No veteran's bill. No infrastructure bill. Just 60 votes to repeal the ACA.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8734 by boulderhawk
It seems that they've passed a lot of bills during BHO's reign.

www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/statistics

More
7 years 7 months ago #8737 by DocBlues
I don't think the numbers tell the entire story. What significance do the bills that passed have for us citizens? Several days ago, a measure to fund Zika virus research (a measly $1.1 billion) was brought before the Senate. The repubs attached one rider that defunded Planned Parenthood and another to guarantee that the Confederate flag could fly over cemeteries containing Confederate dead. The bill was defeated because of these riders. In my opinion, THIS is the kind of nonsense Congress has been up to.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8742 by Allen
The majority party in Congress should give in to everything the minority party demands? Would you consider that a fair compromise if the situation were reversed? Don't the citizens on the Right deserve representation also? Planned Parenthood does not need government funding. The organization has a combined annual revenue of US$1.3 billion. Government funding is only a small percentage of that. Tell me why taxpayers should pay for something that half of us don't agree with? Congress needs to cut spending somewhere. Why can't Soros spend some of his billions to help out PP? Is it really that big of a deal to anyone that a Confederate flag fly over a confederate cemetery? The flag is history. Democrats should learn to give a little instead of acting like little children and demanding to have their way on every, single issue. I don't think they understand the Democratic process at all! Goodness.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

More
7 years 7 months ago #8749 by murphyslaw
Reading your posts is an adventure in the ridiculous. The Nazi flag is history, also, but I don't think Germany would even consider placing that flag in their cemetery of war casualties. If you are a lover of history to the point of allowing Confederate flags in Southern graveyards, you must get a real thrill out of stories about slavery. Slavery is history, remember?

Goodness? I think Mae West had a great quote about that word.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8750 by Allen
I know exactly what you mean about ridiculous posts! Goodness. I ask why the Democrats can't compromise for something as important as Zika virus funding and next thing I hear is that I am a lover of slavery. Of course slavery was wrong but the South lost long ago. Now suddenly over 100 years later the flag is controversial. The KKK is wrong too. Should we abolish all white sheets because they are offensive? Why didn't anyone bring this up 10, 20 or even 30 years ago when the Dukes of Hazard was on TV?

I wonder how long it will be before the US Flag is banned and deemed offensive. The US has done a lot of really crummy things to blacks long after the Civil War. Millionaire football players are already refusing to respect it and the national anthem. It's sad (to me).

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump