Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

While reading "Living History"

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8721 by murphyslaw
by Hillary Clinton for the second time, I was struck by her dedication to women's and children's issues and the impressive work done while she was Arkansas' first lady, the nation's first lady, and in her role as a New York senator.

I also recognized that she seems to be a bit of an egotist, but that may be true of all those who have been, who are, and who aspire to be president. In the book she did take responsibility for her mistakes, and she had no problem making fun of herself, which I found refreshing. In my opinion, despite their marital problems, she and Bill did a wonderful job raising Chelsea.

So, she has worked tirelessly for women and children and for human rights in general. She has been a responsible, loving parent and now grandparent.

She also has been beleaguered at every turn from her time in Arkansas through today. If her tormentors don't get answers they want from all the investigations and accusations they've instigated against her, they try another tack, over and over, at horrendous costs to the taxpayer. (And by the way, research into non-partisan sites shows the vast majority of claims against her have been proven false. There was never evidence proving she murdered any one, for instance.)

I just don't see the connection between the hatred the far right has against her and the marvelous strides she helped make for the good of humanity as a whole and for American women and children specifically.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.