Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Has the Electorate Awoken?

• DocBlues
  • DocBlues's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8657 by DocBlues
Respected prognosticator Nate Silver currently gives Hillary Clinton an 88% chance of winning the election. As recently as 2 weeks ago, his simulations were calling the race a toss up. What has happened? I believe 2 things. First, Drumpf continues to be one of the most inept campaigners in history. Second, I think the electorate has awoken and is taking a good, hard look at the things Drumpf says and what he stands for. They are concluding that he is completely unqualified to be POTUS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 8 months ago #8658 by kslib72
I think those in power in the GOP finally grew a pair and have begun standing up to the Donald. It's going to take a long time to recover from him.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8659 by murphyslaw
Although I've been in recovery for years, I was raised a Republican. The party of my parents bore no resemblance to the religious right, moral majority, tea partiers, intolerant, Fox news fanatics of today. My dad said he was a Republican because it was the party of the working man. The GOP has come a long way, Baby, but in the wrong direction.

I agree that it will take a long time for the Reps to bounce back from the Trump fiasco. (Can't you almost hear people of other countries laughing at how he was allowed to get so much power?) Hopefully the GOP will learn something useful about themselves during this whole process.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8660 by murphyslaw
Great to see you back on the Board, Doc!

• DocBlues
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8661 by DocBlues
Thanks! Just got home from a 30-day road trip.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8664 by Allen
"As recently as 2 weeks ago, his simulations were calling the race a toss up." Really? That is very interesting. I had no idea things could change that quickly.

I'm looking forward to the Drumpf--Rodam-Blythe III debates. Hopefully, Candy Crowley will not be chosen to cheerlead for Blythe.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

• DocBlues
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8667 by DocBlues
You clearly have underestimated Drumpf's ineptitude as a campaigner. Maybe your statistical models know something Silver's don't. What's "Blythe?" Danner? California?

More
7 years 8 months ago #8668 by Allen
Of course Trump is inept as a campaigner! He is a business man who built NYC. Sure, he had some problems along the way. But he has prevailed. Just like Hillary, she said they were dead broke when they left the White House and she's a multi-millionaire now!

I don't doubt your touted prognosticator. Of course Hillary will win! That was decided years ago. It's sad she is spending billions on this campaign for a done deal. The Donald just started spending money too on ads. I think it is a waste and that money could help so many in need. I still like the election process. I like to watch the debates. I am looking forward to them as I think they will be interesting. That's all. No hidden meaning there.

Blythe would have been Hillary's name if Bill wouldn't have changed it. Just like Trump. His family name used to be Drumpf---but you already knew that. Murphyslaw gets upset when I use hurtful names to refer to Hillary. So I'm trying to find a nice nickname for Mrs. Blythe. :)

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

• DocBlues
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8677 by DocBlues
Trump "built NYC?" That is TOTAL nonsense, Allen. How has he "prevailed?" Certainly not as a presidential candidate.

I still don't get the "Blythe" reference, but if it makes you happy....

More
7 years 8 months ago #8679 by Allen
Well......he didn't actually build the whole city but he changed the NYC skyline. He "prevailed" from his financial situation. He lost a lot of money but he has prevailed and is wealthy again. He's a horrible politician. I don't know what made him think he could pull off a political election. A politician is a slippery type of person who knows the correct words to say and words to dodge and how to lie so people will believe you. It helps if you lie about lying too.

• DocBlues
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8682 by DocBlues
Hmmmm..you're the one who likes to post definitions from the dictionary. Maybe you should look up "politician."

More
7 years 8 months ago #8683 by Allen
I should clarify....he is not a very polished politician. He has not been elected to or held any elected position in any government. He is currently a politician but he is very new at this and it shows!

P.S. I'm always nice and post the definitions for fellow posters. But that's okay, its not hard to look up words online. :)

• DocBlues
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #8684 by DocBlues
You missed my point. You defined "politician" as follows: " A politician is a slippery type of person who knows the correct words to say and words to dodge and how to lie so people will believe you. It helps if you lie about lying too."

Your definition doesn't square with any you'll find in any dictionary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
7 years 8 months ago #8685 by Allen
My "definition" or actually--my opinion of what a politician is certainly fits a lot of politicians that I know of. You obviously have a different opinion of politicians than I do. I'm fed up with all of them and that includes the Donald.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8687 by murphyslaw
It's refreshing to see you admit there is a difference between what you state as fact and what is your opinion----at last! You've been called on that for years, as I recall.

What bothers me is many politicians saying, "What the American people want," indicating that they consider themselves far removed from the Americans they serve.

"Politicians" I admire: John Lewis, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Barbara Boxer, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton, among others who've--in my opinion--worked hard to improve the plight of minorities, children's welfare, women's rights, and the human condition in general. Neither of these are perfect, just as those whom they serve are not.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8708 by Allen
"It's refreshing to see you admit there is a difference between what you state as fact and what is your opinion----at last! You've been called on that for years, as I recall."

Well, what do you know? I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! I'm living proof. :)