Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Media Hypocrisy

• Allen
  • Allen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #8618 by Allen
On Monday Senate Candidate Strickland jokes (and shamefully, the audience laughs) about a Supreme Court Justice's death. Where is the outrage from the media? The Republican candidate makes a comment and the media pounces that the Republican candidate is suggesting assassination of Killary. First of all, I am offended that some would think "Second Amendment People" would kill anyone! They want their rights protected and that is it! None of them want to kill an innocent human. Not even a lying crook should be killed especially for politics! Disgraceful how the media twists and turns some comments. Jon Voight called a TMZ reporter out, but he continued on with his fabrication and using the word assassination.

Joking about death :(

"Trump said there would be “nothing you can do” if Clinton’s elected to stop her from stacking the Supreme Court with anti-gun justices, then added, “Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is — I don’t know.”

Was Trump suggesting gun owners take matters into their own hands? Or merely musing about the powerful influence of the gun lobby?
Like so many times before, Trump’s supporters and opponents construed his comments in entirely different ways."

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Allen. Reason: .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 7 months ago #8619 by murphyslaw
Notice he said "nothing you can do IF CLINTON'S ELECTED, etc." What could the 2nd Amendment people do AFTER
Clinton is elected and appoints a Supreme Court Justice? His attempts to backtrack about what he meant don't ring true. Unless the gun lobbyists pull off something miraculous once a Justice is appointed and installed, I don't see what could be done to thwart the system. Trump seems to have a working knowledge of words and their meanings; I don't understand why he doesn't make himself understood in the first place instead of having to explain later what he "really meant.'

And by the way, Clinton has never proposed repealing the 2nd Amendment. (That I'm aware of, anyway.) She and many other reasonable, concerned citizens would like to see some way to at least diminish the number of mass murders. I'm getting tired of people using the 2nd Amendment as a excuse to kill people.

As to the incident regarding Strickland, I noticed that Fox news was the originator of the story. I read the text several times and, unlike the audience, did not see that he was joking.

When the supporters at Trump's rallies yell, "Kill the b----," "Get her in front of a firing squad," and even worse epithets about Hillary, I
wonder why he never tries to squelch them. Even John McCain corrected a woman who lied about Obama at one of his rallies.

By the way, you seem to point out hypocritical situations a lot. (Oh, the injustice of it all!)

More
7 years 7 months ago #8620 by kslib72
Allen is a lost cause. She uses Killary as a slam and yet has never responded to the 66 embassy deaths under Powell and Rice. For that matter she never answers anything directly. Her best response is "well yeah but how about them". I'm convinced she's support Satan if he declared himself a republican.

Trump said what he thought and it was not about votes. I'm convinced that he's mentally ill. Something is very, very wrong with him. My 9 year old granddaughter handles herself better than he does.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8621 by Allen
Maybe you are not aware, Murphyslaw, but there are Democrats who belong to the NRA and also are supporters of the 2nd Amendment. What could they do after Hillary is elected? There is plenty they could do besides kill the Frump Hillary. Maybe they could try to sway President Frump to pick a more moderate Supreme Court Justice. There is no guarantee that she will pick someone who leans left. There is plenty Congress and "Second Amendment people" can TRY to do other than kill the Frump. Good grief. You guys are so morbid!

I do not understand why all the focus is on mass murder but no one seems at all concerned about gun deaths in CHICAGO! More innocent people have been killed in Chicago so far this year than there have been in all of the mass murders this year. No one can explain with the strictest gun laws in the USA, WHY Chicago has such a high murder rate.

No one wants to see mass murders or any murders for that matter. I definitely want gun controls, but there has got to be a sensible way to stop these murders. Unfortunately, terrorists, criminals and the mentally ill will find a way to kill us if they can.

P.S. Thanks for agreeing with me on this one. (Your last sentence.)

Oh and if you don't like anything Fox.......maybe CNN will calm your suspicions.

CNN Link

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8622 by Allen
Killary actually says "assassination" when referring to Obama in 2008. Joe Biden actually says he will put out his gun against Obama.

Double Standards

More
7 years 7 months ago #8623 by murphyslaw
Your continual name-calling is very distracting, Allen. It's hard to take what you say in the proper context when every reference to her is blighted by a snide remark or hateful name. It's your right to call her whatever name you wish, of course, but I don't see the effectiveness in doing so in every situation.

But anyway, are you kidding me? You mean to say that Republicans aren't the only people who support the 2nd Amendment? I had no idea. Oh, I forgot--I support the 2nd Amendment, I just don't interpret it in the way gun lobbyists do. And, we will never stop the murders, only try to diminish them, as I said.

I'm not up on Chicago news, but I live near Kansas City, and it seems there is at least one murder every day. I don't hear anyone in the media talking about Kansas City, either.

As to Strickland, I thought it showed character for him to apologize instead of trying to spin his words to his advantage, as a certain Presidential candidate is wont to do. Have you ever heard Trump apologize for anything he said? If he did, I missed it. By the way, there are other news commentators besides those on Fox I don't care to watch: Joe Scarborough and Chuck Todd, for example.

Question: What about Trump do you like, or, in other words, why will you vote for him?

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8624 by Allen
Why do you find my name calling distracting? DocBlues has called Republicans names for at least 10 years. Is that distracting for you? Were you able to follow along when he called George W. Bush "Shrub" or "Dubya":? How about when he referred to Romney as RMoney? I don't remember what he calls Trump, but it is NOT Trump.

I don't know if Trump has apologized to anyone or not.

Answer: I like very little about Trump. I haven't decided if I will vote for him or not. I may write someone in or I may vote for one of the other candidates like Johnson. I just get so tired of all the media bias against Republicans. If Satan were a Democrat, they would protect his missteps and promote him to be elected. I just find that disgusting. You would too if it were the other way around and the media was always biased against Democrats.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8625 by Allen
Murphyslaw, the reason I bring up Chicago is they have strict gun control laws. Kansas and Missouri do not have strict gun laws. I'm not sure about Mizzery, but Kansas even has open carry. Chicago is much larger than Kansas City, but the percentage of murders there is higher than New York and California combined. I don't watch Chicago news either, but the national news mentions the Chicago gun deaths and I also see these senseless murders on the web sites I pull up frequently.

Chicago

Kansas City

More
7 years 7 months ago #8626 by murphyslaw
I don't know why you persist in making comparisons whenever someone calls you on something you post. It's like a child who keeps on hitting someone but when caught says "He hit me first," trying to justify its own actions. (By the way, when you asked if I was able to follow along when another poster name-called, were you suggesting I'm not bright enough? That was a snide comment, and I didn't appreciate it.).

I thought that three times in one short paragraph was unnecessary. (I'm smart enough to count, by the way.) You've made it quite clear what you think of Hillary, so there is no need to keep reminding everyone, in my opinion. I have called Bush, Brownback, and Trump names several times so there's no need to inform me of anyone else doing so.

As to the media bias, did it ever occur to you that what the liberal media presents is often the truth?

Chicago is larger than Kansas City? Who knew. Thanks for pointing that out. And Kansas has open carry? How could I live here most of my life and be unaware of that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kslib72

More
7 years 7 months ago #8627 by murphyslaw
I cannot believe you go to Prison Planet for your information. Pure sleaze and conspiracy theories. If Trump were to own any internet site, it would be Prison Planet.

• Allen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #8628 by Allen
Murphy: “Your continual name-calling is very distracting, Allen. It's hard to take what you say in the proper context when every reference to her is blighted by a snide remark or hateful name.”

“I don't know why you persist in making comparisons whenever someone calls you on something you post. It's like a child who keeps on hitting someone but when caught says "He hit me first," trying to justify its own actions. (By the way, when you asked if I was able to follow along when another poster name-called, were you suggesting I'm not bright enough? That was a snide comment, and I didn't appreciate it.)”

Allen: I’m sorry if I upset you, Murphyslaw. That was not my intent. I was curious if it was just me that you found to be distracting or if Doc’s pattern of calling Republicans fake names was equally distracting to you. That’s all. I was not suggesting that you are not bright enough to follow along. I didn’t realize I was acting like a child when I pointed out that Doc has always called Republicans fake names just like I have done for Democrats. Maybe I shouldn’t try to defend myself as that seems to bring out the hate towards me in an even stronger tone from some. I will work on that and I will also try to not use fake names for Democrats.

Murphy: “Chicago is larger than Kansas City?”

Allen: I was clarifying that Chicago would obviously have more total murders than Kansas City. I was not trying to be a smart a$$. My point is that Kansas and Missouri do not have strict gun laws like Chicago does. Would you agree that maybe something needs to be done other than even stricter gun laws? Criminals in Chicago are finding a way to work around those very strict gun laws. I don’t know the answer but I do know that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is a sign of insanity.

Murphy: “As to the media bias, did it ever occur to you that what the liberal media presents is often the truth?”

Allen: I do not doubt that what they say is true. What concerns me is what they leave "un reported". The bias comes from the spin they put to the story or the omission of ALL the facts. Fox News does the exact same thing. The problem is there are so many liberal media outlets but only one conservative news station. It just gets old at times. It has bothered me since Dan Rather, so I guess it is high time I learned to deal with it and not let it bother me.