Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Sacrificies ......

• kslib72
  • kslib72's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 8 months ago #8554 by kslib72
Please Boulder, Allen or anyone please tell me how you justify Trump comparing his business deals with the death of a US Military member in war? This alone should make you ashamed of supporting this horrific person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 8 months ago #8556 by boulderhawk
The soldier's father attacked Trump in his speech, and it is the Donald's way to respond in kind. His response actually seemed pretty subdued for him. I'd love for him to be more tactful, but it isn't his way. If you don't like him, and are happy with the direction of our country, then vote for Hillary.

• kslib72
  • kslib72's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 8 months ago #8557 by kslib72
As usual you don't have an answer. He's an awful man and worse American.

I do like the way we've gone under President Obama. More jobs, lower debt, war ended, health insurance for those like myself, equality in marriage. I guess if you vote for Trump you like racism, bigotry, hate for women, other religions. liars and more. I "heard" that Trump was insane and I believe it. Sadly the right won't fund mental health care or there might be hope for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
7 years 8 months ago #8564 by murphyslaw
From what I can find, it seems that Trump wasn't taught, as some are, that with wealth comes a responsibility to give back to the community. The Kennedy's, for example, despite their riches--and their faults--have continued public service throughout generations.

Trump's upbringing may have made him so arrogant that he cannot stand criticism. Most of our political figures have been wealthy, but few, if any, were so dangerously thin-skinned that any criticism has resulted in an angry retaliation. (How dare anyone tell me I'm wrong, I made a mistake, I made racist comments, etc., etc.)

My opinion is that his supporters identify with him and either agree with him or make excuses for his behavior, which doesn't speak well for their character.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8565 by boulderhawk
This letter sums up the feelings of the Donald, and many of us on the right, so well. I just wish that Trump, and I, could be this eloquent.

usdefensewatch.com/2016/07/an-open-letter-to-mr-khizr-khan/

More
7 years 8 months ago #8566 by murphyslaw
I see this as a "He hit me first" justification.

What is he to do? First, he should think before responding. I think those of us who don't support the Donald at least would have some respect for him if he did so. It would certainly tame his rhetoric of hate and retaliation, which is repugnant to both Democrats and Republicans.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8573 by Allen
Great article, Boulder! Thanks for posting!

I especially agree with this sentence:

"We must live in a world of reality, not a world of denial, delusion and fantasy the Democrats inhabit every waking day of their lives.

"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice." President Trump