Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Poor baby.

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8412 by murphyslaw
The Donald got his feelings hurt, bless his itty-bitty heart. Since Ruth Bader Ginsberg isn't really a political opponent he could make fun of, he demanded an apology. I don't know if he'll live long enough to see hell freeze over, but he might experience it when he dies.

However, I doubt that Ruth Bader Ginsberg will be on hand in that particular place to greet him, so he'll just have to hope for reincarnation. By then, earth will be hell and it will have frozen over, thanks to climate change denial in his previous lifetime. And by then, Ms. Ginsberg will have earned her wings, nevermore to be earth bound.

Poor, poor Donald.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 9 months ago #8413 by DocBlues
One of Drumpf's many unpleasant personas is that of a petulant child. Indeed, there is very little about him that I find pleasant. I think it's very telling that our right wing friends here are this board have been completely silent about the Drumpf's candidacy. Maybe they're waiting for the magical return of Ben Carson or Carly Fiorina.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8414 by kslib72
Like most Trump supporters they know that supporting him labels them racist bigots! Too bad voting for the party and not for the country is no longer important.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8415 by boulderhawk
The Donald is looking good in the key swing states of Ohio, Pennsylvania, & Florida.

townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle...ennsylvania-n2192197

From the article & poll:

Florida - Trump at 42 percent to Clinton's 39, compared to a 47 - 39 percent Clinton lead June 21;

Ohio - Clinton and Trump tied 41 - 41 percent, compared to a 40 - 40 percent tie June 21;

Pennsylvania - Trump at 43 percent to Clinton's 41 percent, compared to June 21, when Clinton had 42 percent to Trump's 41 percent.

With third party candidates in the race, results are:
Florida - Trump leads Clinton 41 - 36 percent, with 7 percent for Libertarian Gary Johnson and 4 percent for Green Party candidate Jill Stein;

Ohio - Trump at 37 percent to Clinton's 36 percent, with Johnson at 7 percent and Stein at 6 percent;

Pennsylvania - Trump over Clinton 40 - 34 percent with 9 percent for Johnson and 3 percent for Stein.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8417 by murphyslaw
And your point is...?

I don't see how listing poll numbers addresses any of the above posts, unless that is your way of showing you support him.

Somehow I have trouble associating you in any way with Trump, Boulder.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8418 by DocBlues
Quinnipiac polls are consistently biased towards the gop, so I'll take these results with a pound or so of salt.. Nate Silver is currently giving HRC a 77% chance of winning. I'll go with that.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8420 by kslib72
I remember reading Boulder's support of Cheney and so no surprise that he'd support Trump. I'd like to hear his reason for support.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8423 by murphyslaw
I am ambivalent about Ruth Bader Ginsburg's apology for her comments about Trump.

On one hand, it could show she is a classy woman; however, I fervently hope she didn't yield to his demands for an apology. There were many from both parties who were vocal in their disapproval of her comments, so the D can't take sole credit, even though I bet he tries.
Only she knows for sure. (I just didn't expect hell to freeze over so soon!)

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8424 by murphyslaw
Cheney? Oh my. I didn't remember that. Again, oh my.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8425 by boulderhawk
I've never hid my views in the past, so I rarely make it a point to continually express them. I'm a conservative Republican, and I believe that party trumps candidate, unless the candidate would be someone like David Duke. I dislike political correctness. I want a stronger military that will not allow the strafing of our war ships by Russian jets. Can you imagine this happening during the Reagan years? Not more than once. I'm against most immigration, if it isn't in the interest of our country--see Europe. I'm against illegal immigration. I want conservative judges appointed to the Supreme Court. I don't like corrupt politicians and people in general that are cruel to their underlings such as secret service agents, state troopers, military personnel, and staffers. I'm for enhanced interrogation, when needed. And the list goes on.

You all know that the Donald wasn't my first pick, or even my second or third, but perhaps he is what is needed to stop the rapid decline of our country. I think he will be either a great or horrible president. With Hillary, I know what we're getting, and I don't want it.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8426 by boulderhawk
Kslib remembers correctly, I'm a big Cheney fan. One of my all-time favorite politicians and humans. I like his whole family.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8427 by boulderhawk
Sorry, Murphy, I guess I should have started a new thread with my post about this new poll. I did give it a new subject heading.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8428 by boulderhawk
Obviously another GOP leaning poll, Donald is now tied with Hillary 40-40.

www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-don...entions-cbsnyt-poll/

More
7 years 9 months ago #8430 by DocBlues
Instead of cherry-picking a poll or two that you WISH were reality, try looking at the bigger picture.

projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

More
7 years 9 months ago #8431 by boulderhawk
Trump is up by 7. I'm not cherry-picking. These are the most recent polls that I know about. Does Silver's data include these most recent polls? The country seems to be trending towards the Donald.

www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/...16/white_house_watch

From the article:

Just days before the Republican National Convention is expected to formally nominate him for president, Donald Trump has taken his largest lead yet over Hillary Clinton.

The latest Rasmussen Reports weekly White House Watch survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 44% support to Clinton’s 37%. Thirteen percent (13%) favor some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8450 by boulderhawk
Trump's lead is his largest yet.

96.127.53.23/election/

Gravis poll:

www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2016/Grav...tional_July_2016.pdf

RCP poll averages:

Hillary up by 1.9%. Her lead has shrunk a lot. I see a trend towards the Donald.

www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/pr...vs_clinton-5491.html
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by boulderhawk. Reason: more information to add

More
7 years 9 months ago #8453 by boulderhawk
Another "cherry-picked" poll that has Trump in the lead. He has had a nice convention bump. The most recent email scandal has come at a bad time for the Democrats.

www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/donald-t...nton-poll/index.html

From the article:

Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. That latter finding represents a 6-point convention bounce for Trump, which are traditionally measured in two-way matchups.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8454 by murphyslaw
It is normal that a bump in the polls happens after that political party's convention, so I wouldn't read too much into this, Boulder.

As to DWS and the email scandals, I want to know more before making a judgment. The news breaking at this stage seems very convenient.

Regarding the possibility that Trump might become President, it frightens me. I have never heard him take responsibility for any mistake, for one thing, which underscores his arrogance. But mainly, the fact that he generates so much hate and anger reminds me of Hitler's speeches. I was alive during the time of his reign, and although just a child, I remember him from news reels at the movies. I've never forgotten the sound of his rants. (Yes, I just compared Donald Trump to Hitler. Along with my memory, I've watch several programs about his rise to power, which included many of his speeches, so my opinion is based upon more than memory.)

If we're going to be a Democracy, give me candidates on both sides who promote unity and what is genuinely good and positive for us.
(If I learned anything from G.W., it was the power of the fear he generated to get support for his useless war. Some good people bought into it, and some good people--France, for example--did not. Fear and lies, repeated over and over, won out.) I don't see my wish as either conservative or liberal.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8455 by boulderhawk
Murphy wrote: "It is normal that a bump in the polls happens after that political party's convention, so I wouldn't read too much into this, Boulder."

From the CNN article: www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/donald-t...nton-poll/index.html

(CNN)--The bounce is back.

There hasn't been a significant post-convention bounce in CNN's polling since 2000. That year Al Gore and George W. Bush both boosted their numbers by an identical 8 points post-convention before ultimately battling all the way to the Supreme Court.
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by boulderhawk. Reason: error

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8456 by murphyslaw
My apologies for taking the word of a commentator instead of checking the facts first.