Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

And the hits just keep on comin'

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8377 by murphyslaw
Once again, a great deal of time and money was spent in a failed attempt to disparage Hillary and disqualify her as a presidential nominee. How much more must she--and the taxpayers--endure?

I've wondered if she delayed her decision to run for President because she knew the attacks would be continual and vicious. And, they won't end with her becoming President because, as Obama knows full well, governing effectively is not easy when having to deal with bottom-feeders on a daily basis.

It is so sad to watch the rancor and outright idiocy that prevails over America's best interests. To quote Michael Moore, "Dude, where's my country?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 9 months ago #8382 by boulderhawk
If after hearing Comey's testimony, you still have no problem with Hillary's integrity, and that she obviously lied under oath to congress, surely you would question her competency & judgment to hold the offices of Secretary of State and President. Would you be giving her a free pass if she was a pro-life Republican who did the same things?

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8383 by murphyslaw
I'll need to do some research before addressing your post completely, but I don't spend much time comparing my reaction if an opponent "does the same thing."

The FBI has decided not to bring charges, so that's enough for me, regardless of the individual(s) involved.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8386 by murphyslaw
I found nothing to support claims that Hillary lied to the FBI or Congress. There was a statement made by a Republican on Rachel Maddow's show--hosted by Joy Reid tonight--that Comey said Hillary SHOULD be subjected to a Congressional hearing; however, Joy challenged him immediately, and she was correct. What Comey said was that Congress would have to bring that matter to him if they wanted a hearing but that they hadn't done so. Several times during the show it was scrolled that Comey found nothing to conclude Hillary had lied to the FBI.

Can you provide a link showing Comey attacking Hillary's integrity? He said she was "sloppy" and "careless" in her handling of the emails, but nothing that I found indicated he questioned her integrity.

My opinion is that you may have found this faulty information on Fox News.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8387 by DocBlues
Director Comey is a Republican and a public servant of unquestioned integrity. He made the hooplehead Republicans on the committee look like the clowns they are with his testimony yesterday. He said repeatedly that HRC did NOT lie to the FBI. If she lied to Congress, why haven't they charged her with that? Because she didn't. In typical conservative fashion, when you get a decision you don't like, then "the fix is in." Yes, HRC has flaws, but compared to the likely candidate the GOP is going to put forward, she is nearly a saint.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8390 by kslib72
The hypocrisy and revengeful behavior of the republican party is stunning. My hope is that the party falls apart and Trump and his followers get sent to sea on a raft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DocBlues