Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Sit-in

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8313 by murphyslaw
I am so proud of the Democrats in the House for their unprecedented sit-in protesting the Republicans refusal to vote on a gun bill.
It gave me chills to observe their passion and to know this was a first, reminiscent of the Civil Rights movement. Thank you, Mr. Lewis, for your continuing courage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 9 months ago #8314 by DocBlues
John Lewis has been one of my personal heroes for a long time. It was inspiring to watch him and the other people who participated in this sit-in try to address an issue that an overwhelming number of Americans want addressed. Bravo, Mr. Lewis et al.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8315 by murphyslaw
I see that the Republicans are making the Dems the bad guys for daring to stand up to them. Rep Jolly stated he has a bill in mind which would have stopped the Orlando massacre but has been unable to garner bi-partisan support for it. I know nothing about his reputation for being truthful, but if he is, why has no action been taken on such a bill?

Since the Republicans adjourned and fled to the safety of their homes, there was no immediate victory; however, not only the Democrats but Americans as a whole have spoken. It is just the beginning. My question is how long it will take the Republicans to find a way to save face--and their results at the polls--before they come up with a plan to bring ANY gun bill to a vote?
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by murphyslaw. Reason: Repetitious--thought I had deleted first couple of paragraphs and started over.

More
7 years 9 months ago #8316 by kslib72
I think it was an immediate victory. I too am proud of what the dems have FINALLY done. Ryan is spinning in his own toilet right now. Make those that take money from the NRA and love those guns more than Americans vote. Make it a record of what they won't do. Cowards.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #8317 by murphyslaw
Good points, Kslib.

I laughed out loud when a father of a shooting victim called Ryan "Eddie Munster," and then acted as if it were a slip of the tongue.
Ryan's widow's peak has always made me suspicious of his origin!

More
7 years 9 months ago #8319 by DocBlues
Ryan is proving to be a more inept Speaker of the House than Boehner, if that's possible.