Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

This isn't a ruse

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #8189 by murphyslaw
to get an argument started. I am just very curious about why so many folks back Donald Trump. If anyone on this board is a Trump supporter, I would like to hear your reasons.

So far haven't gotten a clear idea from "the man on the street."

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers this post. Again, I promise not to use your replies against you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 11 months ago #8191 by DocBlues
I'm not a Drumpf supporter (surprise!), but I have talked to several. About all I can get out of them is that they like Trump because "he tells it like it is." In my judgment, this is hardly a qualification to be POTUS, as there are MANY people who speak their mind (my 7 year-old grandson?) who I don't want anywhere near the White House. I'm more interested in the content of what he says when he is "telling it like it is." When I listen, I hear braggadocio, juvenile insults, hate, bigotry, and xenophobia. I DON'T hear any cogent or consistent policies. In my opinion, he is totally unqualified and lacks the temperament and judgment to be POTUS.

More
7 years 11 months ago #8192 by kslib72
Trump supporters are like Brownback supporters...too ashamed to admit how racist, bigoted and just plain stupid they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DocBlues

More
7 years 10 months ago #8206 by DocBlues
The Donald was in San Diego yesterday. I decided to exercise my 1st Amendment rights and so I participated in a protest demonstration outside the venue. It was a beautiful day and there were about 1,000 protestors. There were many great signs and a plethora of Trump pinatas. Inside, Drumpf was telling his supporters that he was still going to build that border wall and have Mexico pay for it. He also put on his climate scientist hat and told the crowd there is no drought in California.

Outside, things were quite raucous and there was some violence; the police say they arrested 35 people. The highlight of the day for me was encountering Ken Nwadike, the head of the "Free Hugs Porject. " I got my free hug from Ken and he told me I give great hugs! I told him that I have had 67 years of practice. It was a wonderful moment.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant