Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

Kansas School Finance

• kslib72
  • kslib72's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #7859 by kslib72
Once again the losers in our legislature are attempting to pass a school finance bill that is AWFUL. Now they want schools to raise property taxes to pay for school breakfast/lunch. Also said that if a student was counted in a public school district and left to be home schooled or attend a private school, then %70 of that funding could go with them! Horrible people... every last one of them that supported this joke of a bill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #7860 by DocBlues
Brownback and his toadies in the legislature have destroyed the state of Kansas. Not only have they dismantled the education system, but their failed "trickle-down" policies have dropped the state to 46th in job creation. I hope the folks who voted these hacks into office will remember all this in November and clean house. Kansans deserve so much better!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #7885 by murphyslaw
Yes, we do, Doc, and yet most Kansans continue to elect these idiots. (What's the matter with Kansas? Kansas republicans!)

I'm old enough to remember when Kansas was a well-respected state and economically sound. PBB--Pre BrownBack--of course.

Just when we thought the tea partiers had done all the damage that was humanly (pardon the term) possible, they proved us wrong again.

More
7 years 10 months ago #8217 by murphyslaw
Oh boy. I'm happy that the Supreme Court, whose authority Tea Partiers continue to deny, has ruled against Brownback and cronies and thus has put Kansas schools in danger of closing, but the cost of keeping them open will be put squarely on the backs of, guess who?

What else will we lowly Kansans have to suffer because of these fools?

Let me count the ways: Higher taxes, including land, income, property, food, (again) liquor, plus higher Turnpike fees; cutting after school programs, pre-school, special education, extra curricular activities such as music courses, etc., just to name what I can think of at the moment. (Will athletics get the axe? Surely things aren't THAT bad.....) If schools must close, how will the State pay unemployment to the thousands of those left without jobs? Frightening, isn't it? And all Brownback can say is "Why is everybody always picking on me?"

Isn't there a law against committing crimes against humanity?

To quote from "Sometimes a Great Notion:" Lordy, Lordy.

• kslib72
  • kslib72's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 10 months ago #8218 by kslib72
Now Waggle and other state legislature members have announced that will not have time this next week to work on a school finance bill. BUT they will have time to meet with the Pizza Hut CEO to discuss future tax breaks for big business AND of course make sure that the right gender uses the right bathroom....losers. Time to get off your butts Kansas Republicans and vote these people out of a job!

I'm sure that closing public schools is their real agenda.