Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Politics & News

Still moderated, but the rules are more relaxed. Enter at your own risk!

My fondest wish is coming true--at last!

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #7570 by murphyslaw
My younger son, who was an over-the-road trucker for years, and I agreed to avoid political conversation at all costs. No matter what reasoning I presented, he would not move from his extremely conservative opinions. Since he listened mostly to conservative talk radio as he traversed the country, I attributed his opinions to what he heard. He was the lone conservative of my children, and I could think of no other reason why he chose that stance, although he never admitted it. (Politics wasn't discussed until my children were on their own. I was a single parent and had no time for much except the essentials.)

Several months ago, he got a great job driving locally, and as he said, he loved the various music genres he was able to find on the city stations..

Last weekend, he volunteered that he tried to hate Obama, but he just couldn't find any reason to. He said he "liked the guy" but wasn't supposed to. Very carefully, I asked why. and he said, "Well, you know, Mom, most all my friends are Republicans." (Most of his friends are over-the-road truckers.)

So, I may be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 17, but nevertheless I look forward to having some fun conversations with him, when and if he's ready, of course.

Yea!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.