Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Non-KU Sports

Ryan Lochte....

More
7 years 7 months ago #8676 by Kong
What an embarrassment!

His interview was filled with how immature he was and it was a one time event and how he learned so much. Excuse me? You are not immature, you are 32 years old. Spoiled brat, perhaps, but I am not buying the whole I am immature as if he was some 18 year old.

He lied and left his buddies to carry the load.

I hope the USOC decides to penalize him in some manner. Perhaps a ban from competition for a year or two with no chance to represent the country he just embarrassed.

Visualize Whirled Peas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 7 months ago #8686 by HawkErrant
I hope USA Swimming bans him for at least two years, and the USOC and the IOC* ban him from the 2020 games. Of course being 36 in 2020 the odds are unlikely that he would even make the team if he was allowed to participate, but as far as Anna and I are concerned he doesn't deserve the chance. Time for him to grow up and deal with the consequences of his actions.

*The latter is unlikely regardless of what the USOC does, but if it happened he would also be prohibited from swimming for another country. And yes, it is possible to represent a country besides your own in the Olympics.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.