Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

"Call HR" sign

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 5 months ago #23659 by HawkErrant
kansas.n.rivals.com/news/the-hr-game-has...th-sides-of-the-ball
(I tested the link without being signed in to the Slant, it should work for everyone.)

If you've had a chance to see any of the recent games, after a score you may have noticed the guys (especially the receivers) making a gesture that looks like they are telephoning someone.
res-2.cloudinary.com/rivals/image/upload...onemy35dueyfgaqmhvqo
They call it the "HR".

Various explanations offered for HR:
"Highlight Reel"?
"Human Resources" seems to be the favorite definition.

The hand gesture itself is described as telephoning... they wouldn't be punking the opposition after a score, would they?
As if saying "These defenders are toast, y'all need new personnel, better call HR"?
(Personally, I like it. Technically it could be considered taunting, but as long as they don't do it *at* an opposing player, I wouldn't think it would be any more of an issue than a "Gig 'em" or"Hook 'em Horns" hand signal issue.

I don't know...

I do like that the Defense guys holler "ATM" at each other, meaning get "All The Money", i.e. leave nothing behind (as Hasan Defense notes, need to hold on to those almost picks, guys!:pinch: )

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.