Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

KU Football Redshirted 27 Players in 2018

• bklynhawk
  • bklynhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #20419 by bklynhawk
Thought this was interesting. A lot of players for the new coaching staff to evaluate and train.

www2.kusports.com/news/2019/jan/07/ku-fo...ted-27-players-2018/

One area that caught my eye was the number of offensive linemen: 8. That gives KU a total of 18 OL (10 non-redshirt/8 redshirt) players for 2019. Eight ( 8 ) of those are juniors and seniors. Throw in the two red shirt juniors and you have a pretty seasoned line. Seems like enough depth and experience to build a good OL.

Here's the complete 2019 roster, as of now:
kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=football
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 3 months ago #20441 by Kong
I saw that and thought that was a heck of a lot more than I would have guessed and it has to add to the potential for this team to be successful.

Visualize Whirled Peas

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 3 months ago #20462 by HawkErrant
Have to give a lot of credit to Beaty for keeping these guys redshirts for the future. In my opinion he loved -- and still loves -- KU. Even though he was pretty sure he wasn't going to be around next year no matter how well the team did last fall, he set those 27 guys aside for the future -- despite the still problematic shortfall of true scholarship players* -- instead of playing them in a vain attempt to go out on a high note.

Yeah, it would have been nice if the team won more last year.

But I appreciate those who plant trees today knowing they will not be here to enjoy them in the future.

*those who came here on scholarship, and not those who walked on and were later awarded scholarships

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"