Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

Just asking about level of interest in KU football

• Illhawk
  • Illhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #19129 by Illhawk
I thought about a poll , but wasn't sure I remembered how to set one up.
And this allows for a multi-syllabic reply.

What is your level of interest in the 2019 KU football team?

Let's say zero would be "The U of Chicago keeps winning Nobel prizes without big time football"

And 10 would be "my spouse and I are saving vacation to attend the Bowl game"

I will admit I am a 4, but having been burnt soo many times I cannot explain why.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #19184 by AZhawk87
I think the lack of responses answers your question, unfortunately.

I've tried to be positive, and tried to support Beaty. But it's such a cluster that it's really hard to get excited. And with Tom Keagan, the local reporter, constantly crushing Beaty, whatever fun was left has been killed for me.

However, my gut tells me we'll be more competitive this year. Will we win more than 3 games, I doubt it, but I think we won't be embarrassed every game like last few years.

Rock Chalk - Always !!
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by AZhawk87.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 7 months ago #19185 by HawkErrant
... or is that “infernal” in our case, with another Fall football season upon us? (Should I insert an “Ode to Spring Sports” here to ease the pain!?)

Is “Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here!” really engraved above the north entrance of the soon to be formally named David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium?

Are KU fans really in the 9th Circle of College Football Hell? (Jayhawk fans familiar with Dante’s “Inferno” might argue 8th Circle instead of 9th, but there is no denying the status of KU being at the bottom of the pit of D1 football).

We hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Never in KU history has the caveat “past performance does not necessarily indicate future results” been an idea so devoutly longed for...

“Can KU Football Win?”
(Riffing a variant of “I Really Need This Job” from “A Chorus Line”)

“Can KU Football win?”
We ask ourselves again.
They really need to win!!!

I’ll be watching at the start.
Whether I can stand to watch through November depends entirely upon the performance of what just might be Beaty’s Last Band.

Let’s GO JAYHAWKS!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
5 years 7 months ago #19192 by NotOstertag
I have a passing interest (4?). I am wearing my Kansas Football official t shirt today, and if I could find a way to stream the game I might watch it, but it's far from "must see TV" for me.

I do hope they find a way to improve. I think it's much more difficult to rebuild a football program so it's hard to measure progress. I do think you can go 0-12 one season and show improvement and still have an 0-fer season...progressing from "awful" to "pretty bad".

Anyway, I'm rooting for Beaty to turn things around. Seems like a decent guy. If KU is on TV at some point, I'll watch, and I'll follow their progress through the season. But I won't rearrange my schedule or anything to catch a game.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot