Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

It's official

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #9032 by murphyslaw
After listening to today's radio broadcast of KU's game against OU, I am officially declaring that I don't care for Brian Hanni.

First of all, I don't know who partnered with him, but I couldn't tell the difference between Hanni's voice and his sidekick's unless he was addressed by name. Bland and smooth are the best things I can say about his voice. As to his command of the English language, he used the phrase, "answered back" more than once, which to me is as bad as "continue on." Also, he seemed to prefer saying "corter" instead of "quarter," which really bothered me.

Being used to Max's perfect grammar and pronunciation--not talking about his occasional goof up with a player's name, I struggled with Pipe's Midwestern twang and grammatical horrors as long as I could stand it, and then I began listening to the TV commentators. (Unless Motor Mouth was announcing. Compared to him Pipe was at least bearable.) Gurley was a welcome replacement.

For now, at least, I won't bother getting my radio out for the games.

My opinion is that the powers-that-be made a mistake in hiring Hanni. His dream job is my nightmare. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.