Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Entertainment / Personal

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

A farrago of (IMHO) some cool stuff that...

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #16810 by porthawk
...has been sent to me by friends or family or I've discovered on my own.

Underwater photos of the year: www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/02/winner...year-contest/553193/

This bridge cuts ice: kottke.org/18/02/this-bridge-cuts-sea-ice-into-tidy-rectangles

There is a company that makes water beds for cows: www.dccwaterbeds.com/

Plans for the tallest wooden skyscraper: www.bbc.com/news/technology-42839463

Skating on thin ice...and the amazing sounds that come with it

Very close to a volcano...with drones

The robots are coming

A test of SpotMini's ability to adjust to disturbances as it opens and walks through a door. A person (not shown) drives the robot up to the door, points the hand at the door handle, then gives the 'GO' command, both at the beginning of the video and again at 42 seconds. The robot proceeds autonomously from these points on, without help from a person. A camera in the hand finds the door handle, cameras on the body determine if the door is open or closed and navigate through the doorway. Software provides locomotion, balance and adjusts behavior when progress gets off track. The ability to tolerate and respond automatically to disturbances like these improves successful operation of the robot. (Note: This testing does not irritate or harm the robot.)

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by porthawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.