Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Entertainment / Personal

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

That voodoo that you do so well.....

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #7810 by Wheatstate Gal
Years ago, my aunt gave me a wrist watch with a Jayhawk on the face and a basketball on the second hand. in the winter, I was searching for something, ran on to the watch and set it aside.

On Jan 30, I went to the jewelry store and got a few new watch batteries.....this watch being one.

I ALWAYS wore that watch on game days--weekdays and I'd even put it on if it was a weekend game day.

That watch was 17-0, before the magic left in Louisville Game 2.

Once I started noticing the voodoo effect, I was too scared to break the spell by telling you all "It's magic watch day!" Jinx, you know.

game day superstitions........ :side: :silly: :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #7812 by konza63
That's cool, Wheatie.

At least it's 17-1, which is nothing to sneeze at. I'd say keep wearing it next year, and hope that the rare loss happens during the regular season, not in post-season.

PS: My personal winning streak of seeing live wins with my son also came to a halt. Counting our games at AFH, I think we were around 8-0 or 9-0...but, alas, even that good luck charm couldn't vex Villanova (or prop our guys up sufficiently) that night. :(

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #7816 by Bayhawk
I've been invited over to watch many games, but I've only gone twice. Davidson in Kemper a while back (loss), and -- of course-- 'nova. :( :dry: :angry:

Well, to hell with neighbors, I'm staying in my man-cave from now on!! ;)

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63