Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

I'm enjoying this team again!!

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3626 by Bayhawk
Because of their play (and the score). :P

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #3627 by HawkErrant
Bad harvest! Bad harvest!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #3674 by HawkErrant
You promised you were be more circumspect in posting during games, then you went and started this thread in the second half -- right after which KU turned the ball over on 5 straight possessions! :blink:

I am happy to have been of service to you and the rest of the Jayhawk Nation! :woohoo:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #3680 by konza63
Kudos to HawkErrant for saving us from the JinxWrath of Bay. LOL ;)

Come March/April, Bay, please don't come on here praising the boys if we're rolling with a half still to go. Hahahaha...

But in all seriousness, we knew you couldn't keep your promise of lying low during the meat of the action! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3699 by hairyhawk
I am sure glad Bay does post during the games. Hopefully for the rest of the year it will go the other way and as soon as he makes a post the Boys will play flat out great!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3703 by Wheatstate Gal
Mr MoJo Risin'

• Bayhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3709 by Bayhawk
Busted!!! I couldn't stay quiet -- it was too much fun to see things fall together. ;)

My self-imposed hiatus was for pre-game polls. I thought it best to let others have fun too. So far, we are improving as a team, and the board picked up the slack quite nicely.

Still, it's nice to be called out on my inability to attenuate my love of all things KU hoops,

RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
8 years 2 months ago #3717 by NotOstertag
So a fun story (or not, you decide):

I had to go to a school board meeting last night and wasn't home until about 8:15 EDT. I had the game on DVR, wasn't looking at updates on my phone, and was all set to enjoy things.

Typically, my dad will call at halftime and/or the end of the game to discuss what's going on. True to form, he called right as I was sitting down to watch, and right as halftime was happening in real time. As I've done in the past, I'll answer with "Watching on the DVR, no spoilers," and we'll usually catch up after the game. We agreed to connect post-game and hung up.

Often with the DVR and the ability to fast forward through commercials and halftime, I can catch up and watch the last few minutes of the game live. That wasn't the case last night, and I was about 10 minutes behind the actual end of the game.

Dad called back with about 3 minutes left and KU up by 14. I told him that I was still watching and would call him back. He asked one question: "what are the dashes below each score?" (how many time outs left).

After he hung up, WVU started cutting in to the lead, and I began to wonder if Dad was STILL watching the game (asking about timeouts) which would only mean that we were in overtime...or perhaps even DOUBLE overtime.

Anyway, watching the last couple minutes was nerve wracking as I just assumed that we'd blow a 10 point lead in the last minute. I don't think I calmed down until around the 0:30 mark.

Called Dad back afterward and thanked him for putting me into full-blown panic mode.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

• Bayhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3718 by Bayhawk
Great little anecdote NotO!

Thanks,

RC

-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #3721 by konza63
That's funny, NotO. I have the same issues with "DVR Kabuki" (navigating watching games on delay with all the texts and phone calls from people watching live).

Glad you didn't get a cardiac arrest after all!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

More
8 years 2 months ago #3724 by NotOstertag
I usually turn off the phone and cut out other distractions. Nevertheless, when Dad calls, I answer. Wondering why he was worried about timeouts after the game should have been over for 15 minutes was scary.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot